Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

touchscreen MP4/5 player recommendations

• 28-12-2010 10:13am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a portable player with the following properties:

MP3/AVI playback, must be able to read large video files without converting/resizing
    3"+ screen, preferably touchscreen but not necessarily
    camera
    can read PDF files
    no more than €100

I don't mind purchasing second hand if the player is in good nick

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind, even if you doubled the budget I'd have trouble ticking all those boxes.

archos 605 wifi second-hand (try ebay). does what you want except for no camera. will also give you web-browsiing over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

You won't get anything decent in that price range...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

glasso wrote: »
    archos 605 wifi second-hand (try ebay). does what you want except for no camera. will also give you web-browsiing over wifi.

Cheers, am looking at one for 85 euros second hand. Camera is not really important but WiFi is a nice bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Update: Sorry, just saw you are located in France and CPW don't seem to do International deliveries. Please ignore the following (just left it in for the sake of completness).

How about using a Samsung Wave with its 3.3 inch 800x480 Amoled screen and 5mp camera. See the following thread to see how other boardies having been getting them for €134:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056129901

Note, this thread is sometimes marked as expired but then updated when more stock becomes available.

I assume the Wave can be used as a media player without a sim in it, but if not you can always get another sim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There are a fair few Samsung Waves floating about, practically new at 100-150 here all right - many people taking advantage of a loophole allowing them to get cheap phones on a contract and then cancel the contract. Looks nice and shiny :)

I read a bit more on the Archos and it looks a bit gammy - you need to pay extra for everything including $30 for a browser, FFS.

There are a fair few Samsung Waves floating about, practically new at 100-150 here all right - many people taking advantage of a loophole allowing them to get cheap phones on a contract and then cancel the contract. Looks nice and shiny :)

I read a bit more on the Archos and it looks a bit gammy - you need to pay extra for everything including $30 for a browser, FFS.

you can get all the extras for about 15 euro on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

I got my web apps free with the archos and if ur looking for a second hand one just look for one with the Web apps preinstalled !
    Archos will do all that and more you get a lot of bang for ur buck

Advertisement