Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting the European Consumer Centre

Options
  • 28-12-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place.
    Im trying to make a complaint via the ECC but I cant seem to access the complaint form. It says I need the Adobe reader but I've already installed it and it still wont allow me to access the form.http://www.eccireland.ie/

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I tried it - doesnt work for me either.

Just scroll down and fill out the online form on the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks did not even see that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Access to the form works for me. Could the security settings for your respective browsers be preventing you from doing the same?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ECC: Caroline

Hi Jet Black,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties accessing our online complaint form.

Our online PDF complaint form is a feature that the European Commission introduced in February 2009 to speed up the handling of complaints. While we are aware of a few counted exceptions where the application may not have been available for a few hours while the system is being redeveloped, this feature generally operates well.

However should you ever encounter difficulties accessing the form in future, please feel free to send any queries to consumeradvice@eccireland.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thread is a little old sorry for dragging it up.

Thanks for the reply Caroline.

Finally Sendit contacted me woot!. Original message sent 18/11/10 replied 28/01/2011 over two months later. My happiness didn't last long though.

Message I sent
    Jet Black wrote:
    Hi

I am looking to return an item I recently purchased order number 1234567. I accidently ordered 2. One in this account and one in my other account jet@black.com. Can you please send me an order return number and the address to send it to.

Thanks

Jet

sendit.com wrote:
    Hi

I am sorry this item has been cancelled as our suppliers are unable to provide us with this product.

Please be assured that we have contacted alternative suppliers and regrettably we are unable to source your item.

This product will be removed from our website in due course.

No payment has been taken from your account and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Alex

Eh WTF? I completely forgot about it as its been so long but this has pissed me off now. It looks like they just sent a standard response. I sent them a reply back now, hoping for a response by April:rolleyes:

I've also contacted the ECC on the 28/12/2010 and have not received a response.

Posting here is fruitless but I have to vent a little. The customer service at Sendit.com is an absolute joke. I'm waiting over two months for a reply and when I get it these ****ers don't even bother to read the message I sent, just sending me the standard response if a product is out of stock.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ECC: Caroline

Hi Jet Black,

I have checked through our system and we do not have any record of your complaint.

Please feel free to submit the details again to consumeradvice@eccireland.ie and hopefully we can be of some assistance.

Advertisement