Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lancashire police jail two chickens

• 28-12-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

Photo: PA
    By Mark Ogden
    Last Updated: 11:39PM GMT 27/12/2010
    Steve Kean, the Blackburn manager, insists the club have a bright future under new owners Venky’s, despite supporter protests which led to police holding live chickens in an Ewood Park cell.

Fans vented frustrations against the Indian poultry producers during Sunday’s defeat against Stoke City at Ewood Park. The chickens, one of which was dressed with a Blackburn scarf, were let loose prior to the game, during which fans chanted “Venky’s Out” and sang the name of the club’s late benefactor, Jack Walker.

Another chicken was confiscated prior to the game having been found by a turnstile operator, while Lancashire Police confirmed that two chickens were detained in a police cell at the ground.

A Lancashire Police spokesperson said: “A cockerel and a hen were released in the concourse in the Darwen End Stand. The chickens were then put in a police cell until they were collected after the game.”

With fan anger rising towards Venky’s following the sacking of Sam Allardyce last month and rumours of transfer targets being influenced by Kentaro, the group who advised Venky’s during the takeover process, fans also attempted to stage a sit-in at the end of the Stoke game. Rovers chairman John Williams was confronted by a small group of supporters.

Having replaced Allardyce with unproven first-team coach Kean, Venky’s has seen Blackburn pick up just a point from two home games.

And despite completing the takeover of the club on only Nov 19, the new owners were subjected to prolonged and vocal opposition from fans as Stoke secured a 2-0 victory.

Allardyce’s dismissal has also led to anger in the first-team squad, with Chris Samba being stripped of the captaincy after demanding to leave in the wake of the managerial change.

But Kean, who takes his team to West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday, says he has now won over the senior players opposed to Allardyce’s sacking.

“I spoke to the senior players as soon as Sam had left and I told them I would try and get some answers for them [from the owners] as soon as I could,” he said. “Since I came back from India last week and explained to them what is happening, there has not been a negative vibe.

“They have been reassured with what is happening. I think the players are excited by the future here.”

Kean is expected to be given a budget of around £5 million for new signings next month. “We have some long-term injuries - Phil Jones is a long-term injury and Jason Roberts is out for at least a month together with other central-midfield injuries - so it means we need more bodies.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8227641/Chickens-jailed-over-Blackburn-Rovers-fans-fowl-play.
    Source:-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

The chicken was actually dismissed from the pitch after committing a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

Br( k)fc now renamed the ground to bolEwood park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Apparently one was charged with battery...after a failed coup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

The new owners have obviously ruffled a few feathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

As if prison rape couldn't get any worse, they introduce bestiality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Clucking hell. The police were no chickens. I wonder if the team will increase their pecking order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

5 million is a. . poultry. . sum to spend in the jan transfer window for a prem team

Advertisement