Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a GP for pregnancy?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I just found out I am pregnant and I have no GP. I have been to a few emergency doctors since I moved here a few years ago but I want someone who is going to be my GP for the pregnancy and a good newborn doctor/family doctor.
    The docs I have seen haven't been great. One reluctantly squeezed me in and commented throughout the consultation how lucky i was to get an appointment. The other used google to check one of the doses of the pills he put me on.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I would recommend the Castle Gardens surgery. I used to go to Dean St surgery until the birth of my last child but found it very hard to get appointments etc. I never have a problem getting an appointment with Castle Gardens. They always fit us in on the same day and will go to the wire to sort out prescriptions etc. I remember going for the morning after pill once, it was a late appointment and the doctor rang MacCauleys and had the pharmacist wait until I got there to give me the pill - it must have been around 6.20pm. Kudos to both of them. :D

The surgery phone number is 056 7765891.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'd definitely second Castle Gardens surgery if you haven't got sorted yet. I had my maternity care with the blonde female doctor whose name completely escapes me at this hour of the night :o

Any time I seen a different doctor in that surgery they were also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

I'd have to recommend DR Carmel Flynn in john's green medical center. She is great to deal with and never tries to rush patient's out the door like a lot of doctor's! No problem with parking either, the castle road is a disaster to have to park on!

Advertisement