Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Own Cookbook

Options
  • 28-12-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My name is Chloe and I'm 16 at the moment. I'm definitely going to be a chef when I'm older but I would also like to write cookbooks and have a tv series to go with them. All I ever do is talk about cooking and I'd love to be as successful as Rachel Allen. My new years resolution is to start work on the book (concept, creating recipes, etc.) but I have no idea where to start. I'm going to spend a good 4 or 5 years working o this but I don't know where to start. If you could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Chloe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Hi Chloe,

Firstly, start a blog and start recording your recipes. Take photos or have a good photographer take photos for you. Document everything you do, even the disasters. Make sure your blog is well-designed, pretty to look at and completely lacking in spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. Make sure your name and photo are clearly visible on the site. Start reading all of the other cookery blogs and start commenting on their recipes. If you can get yourself into the food blogging community you may be able to get yourself known.

Secondly enter every cookery competition going and preferably, win them.

Thirdly, know your food. Read up. Cook everything. Taste everything. Visit every restaurant that you can. Chat to the chefs and ask them for tips on recipes you particularly liked.

Fourthly, focus your sights on getting an apprenticeship at a top restaurant. These are very hard to come by so start thinking of ways that you can meet as many top chefs and restaurant owners as possible. You will need to be very creative and think outside the box here. Call in every contact you have, no matter now tangentially linked to your life.

I am sure there are many more things you should do to achieve your goals. Perhaps a successful chef round these parts could advise you. Good luck!

Advertisement