Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supply in Athy

Options
  • 28-12-2010 12:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone having any water issues in Athy? We are now in our 6th day with no water supply. The Tank is empty, cant shower, wash clothes\dishes, or even flush the toilets! I have two kids here its a joke. From the 22nd of December we havent had a drop of water. Some Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Only info I've seen is this: http://athylive.blogspot.com/2010/12/athy-water-supply-tue-28th.html

Whereabouts in Athy are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Not sure when the water will be back.. We have been out since the 26th in Carbury..

But, it's probably worth investing in a water butt like this (assuming you dont live in an appartment), and at the very minimum you can keep the toilets flushed. It's been a godsend for us with 2 kids.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sankey-Space-Saver-Water-Green/dp/B0001NXKTE

B&Q have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

keith, im near maxwell's on the dublin rd. We've had no water since 2 days before xmas, and it seems a few neighbours had none either, however it turns out ours came back today, but not the neighbours.

Was in touch with the council earlier, they said that pipes were frozen 8-10 ft underground, and was causing major issues. However, my neighbours have had lots of luck getting their water back by going to the stop-cock in their drive way and pouring boiling water in.

So happy to have water back! Was an xmas nightmare without it!

Also, water tankers have been deployed in Ashville/Coneyboro and other areas since xmas eve on a daily basis to help people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

I am in Coneyboro, tankers being coming around couple of times a day since the 20th, luckily ours only went on the 25th was away for the Christmas and only back this morning still no water but was able to fill up a few buckets, hopfefully we get it back in the next day or two not easy with a seven month old in the house

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ok I had water until 26th in Coneyboro. No water then or all day 27th. However at about midnight I heard the toilets filling so it had come back but it was only trickling. It was gone again today. I got my bottles refilled anyway but am away tonight so cannot check :/

Also I have no tank in attic, everything is run off mains so I have nothing when it's gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

it came back on earlier today, the mains, the tank doesnt seem to be filling up though. Ive been on to the counsil all day as the shore outside the house where you would pour in water is now pumping out water all over the road. A guy came out earlier and looked at it and said i had to get on to the builders of the housing estate, which i have.. they havent replied yet though.

yikes, thats a rough spell keith.
    If your shore is pumping out water all over the road there is a good chance one of your mains pipes burst, or your stopcock failed.

Thats terrible though, housing estate or not, the water should still be a council issue and not that of the developer (perhaps im wrong?)

someone was out this morning and fixed it, i just out of bed and didnt ask if he was council or ragats, looks like the stopcock was just broke because its all sorted now and i have water, hot and cold! happy days!

Thats great news keith, happy days indeed.
    I'd say the council sent some ninjas out to fix it :)

What a joke. They have a tap set up on site in Coneyboro and it's leaking about 1 liter a minute. They are asking home owners to conserve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

I saw someone hook a hose up earlier at it and putting the water into a wheelie bin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fino180

I still have no water.Checked the tank upstairs and it is empty.Will it refill itself,can I refill it or do I need to get a plumber?

It will refill when the pressure comes back. You can fill it urself with buckets of water but it will take time and patience :D

Just wait for it to come back and chuck a bucket of water down toilet for flushing. A nice steady pour and it will flush no prob without splashing everywhere.

As for the wheelie bin, I did that last year in Longford. I just dipped a bucket into it and used it for flushing.

i was shoveling snow into buckets last week and letting it melt to flush the toilet! then rain water when it melted!

Advertisement