Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water situation Tullamore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Actually our water is a private water scheme, but the council were still involved in turning it off. ;)

What you seem to be implying is that people should have been grateful that your father and others were DOING THEIR JOB! :rolleyes:
    No one should expect gratitude for doing their job, regardless of what time of year it is!
    If they get it, great, but expecting it is a bit much! :rolleyes: And coming on here whining "poor daddy had to work christmas eve cos of you nasty people with no water, and people were mad at him" is just a little bit.....childish. :rolleyes:
    Again, he wasnt doing anyone any favours, he worked, he got paid, end of. If he didnt like the aggro he got, then he could easily have downed tools and headed home to his Christmas dinner.
    We've all worked in jobs where customers/clients are asses, you suck it up and get on with it, and yes, some of us have even worked Christmas too love, so no points from me on that one, been there done that, its life. ;)

And yes, my neighbours filled their swimming pool ten times over with the barrels of water we lugged up and down the street all week, thanks for asking! :D

And did we get any thanks??? Did we heck!!!! Nasty nasty people.......:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::P
    Ha you "quote" my post but then get it completely arseways by claiming that nobody should "expect" gratitude, that's exactly what I said, maybe read my post again and get it right before you "QUOTE" what I said.
    Nobody EXPECTS it but some people did APPRECIATE people like my father that made sacrifices (not been at home for much of the Christmas, getting little more than minimum wage, going back to a job he hasn't done in years, freezing his ass off for 13hour working days etc.)
    so you had to bring a container of water to your neighbours...yes everyone had to make sacrifices cherrycola, some bigger than others

now for the first time you say it's actually a private water scheme when all along it was the councilrolleyes.gif

and yes, most people were grateful to my father and everyone else that worked hard to ensure they had their water back for Christmas

and I don't believe that your neighbours didn't thank you for bringing them water, they really would be nasty nasty people if they didn't so much as thank you and your husband for lugging water to them all christmas eve and christmas day:eek::eek::eek:

write a letter of complaint to the council if you're not happy...or the private water scheme or whoever you decide your water is with

PS. if you are in actual fact with a private water scheme then why make this statement
    "God help anyone who comes here talking about water rates in the future, they are going to get run off the property!"
    FYI anyone on a private water scheme already pays for it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jeeez this thread is getting very heated!

I for one did appreciate anyone who made an effort to get the water back on wether they be council or private contractor. As i said, i had to bring containers from clonaslee to spollenstown wood for over a week and was glad to oblige albeit the roads were in ****e.

Just on the group water scheme, maybe they forgot about me but i purchased my house in 2000 and it was on such scheme, the council took it over in the past few years and i never paid a red cent in all the years i have been living in clonaslee? Maybe i should be keeping quite! LOL:D

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

good to hear the water is back to normal for most people, was talking to my dad today, he said whereas there is normally less than 300,000l of water going from the reservoir each day, that has now DOUBLED to over half a million litres each day:eek:

It's basically because of leaks and bursts along the water line, they were without water the last few days because our house is at the end of the line and the system has to be worked on bit by bit, it could be a few big bursts in the pipe-line or thousands of tiny leaks along the way

hope the situation gets sorted for everybody soon, at least the freezing temperatures have subsided

Is there anybody still without water?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Private water scheme as in the council have not taken over the running and maintenance of the estate. :rolleyes:

You dont seem to know as much as you claim to know love, give it up, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

Plus you've managed to drag the thread completely off topic with your defence of the poor water men! :rolleyes:

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Jeeez this thread is getting very heated!

I for one did appreciate anyone who made an effort to get the water back on wether they be council or private contractor. As i said, i had to bring containers from clonaslee to spollenstown wood for over a week and was glad to oblige albeit the roads were in ****e.

Just on the group water scheme, maybe they forgot about me but i purchased my house in 2000 and it was on such scheme, the council took it over in the past few years and i never paid a red cent in all the years i have been living in clonaslee? Maybe i should be keeping quite! LOL:D
    nice to hear some people appreciate it dempo1!:)
    I was beginning to think people had lost their humanity!!!

If your water is from the council then you don't pay anything,
    the private water schemes have an annual fee.
    New water rates due to be introduced in 2013/14 will mean that everybody will be paying an annual rate to their local authorities, in turn the authorities will subsidise the private schemes for their fees

fair play for helping out during the "dry spell" clonaslee to spollenstown is a fair spin on what I imagine would have been lethal roads

my brother drinks in clonaslee the odd weekend, I forget the name of the pub but it sounds wild enough up there!!!:D

• Advertisement

Private water scheme as in the council have not taken over the running and maintenance of the estate. :rolleyes:

You dont seem to know as much as you claim to know love, give it up, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

Plus you've managed to drag the thread completely off topic with your defence of the poor water men! :rolleyes:
    weak comeback LOL!

You are the only one that got confused saying you were with council, then private, then...both?!

I know a damn sight more than you love, you can't back up anything you are saying with anything more than your obnoxious opinions

I have not dragged the thread off-topic, you are the one that is fast becoming overly personal with your comments...

If you can't stand the heat...!:D

Take a chill pill cherry cola, you are so stressed out, I don't want to get into an argument with you, I just think it's sad that you can't appreciate when people go out of their way to help their communities

I think we are all worried about people getting their water back, so why are you being so argumentative?

BACK ON TOPIC, is your water back yet?

Anyway, back on topic please, what is the situation with water in Tullamore for most people now??

Edited to add, it would be helpful if you can update from personal experience, and not what a friend of a friend said.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

As entertaining as this little bust up is, i'd rather not have to trawl through posts of personal abuse to get information about the current topic: The water situation in tullamore.

Anyway, back on topic please, what is the situation with water in Tullamore for most people now??
    still some bursts and leaks in rural areas,
    from what I've heard, town is grand again. My friend lives in knockowen road and she said they're back to normal there

magentas wrote: »
    weak comeback LOL!

You are the only one that got confused saying you were with council, then private, then...both?!

I know a damn sight more than you love, you can't back up anything you are saying with anything more than your obnoxious opinions

I have not dragged the thread off-topic, you are the one that is fast becoming overly personal with your comments...

If you can't stand the heat...!:D

Take a chill pill cherry cola, you are so stressed out, I don't want to get into an argument with you, I just think it's sad that you can't appreciate when people go out of their way to help their communities

I think we are all worried about people getting their water back, so why are you being so argumentative?

BACK ON TOPIC, is your water back yet?

Honestly, what are you like??!!:eek::eek::eek:

We get it, your father is a saint and people were venting at him, GET OVER IT!!!!!

Jesus, if anyone is trying to start an argument its you.

First off you are based in Galway, so why do you feel you have more information to offer than someone in Tullamore with regards to the water situation?

Your father helped out, you came on here to tell people that, and how he was getting grief from people as a result, how does that add anything to the thread??

So if you cant keep it on topic, take it elsewhere, love. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

still some bursts and leaks in rural areas,
    from what I've heard, town is grand again. My friend lives in knockowen road and she said they're back to normal there

It's wierd, as annoying as losing water was, it's really made me appreciate it. When I had my first shower after the water came back I was really quick - half because I was afraid the water would go again and I'd be left with sudsy hair!

Water on the arden side of town is back, my parents have weak water pressure though.
    Our water has been turned off everynight from 8pm onwards for the last week, but last night was the first night it didnt seem to be, can anyone else clarify if restrictions have been lifted completely yet?

Same info on co co website that has been there for a few days - Water may be shut off at any time. I'd presume at this stage they've found all the major leaks?

Honestly, what are you like??!!:eek::eek::eek:

We get it, your father is a saint and people were venting at him, GET OVER IT!!!!!

Jesus, if anyone is trying to start an argument its you.

First off you are based in Galway, so why do you feel you have more information to offer than someone in Tullamore with regards to the water situation?

Your father helped out, you came on here to tell people that, and how he was getting grief from people as a result, how does that add anything to the thread??

So if you cant keep it on topic, take it elsewhere, love. :rolleyes:
    wow you have a serious chip on your shoulder, I haven't even read your full post as you're getting more abusive by the minute.

If you can't read a post without taking it out of context and zooming in on something I mentioned once (my father getting aggro) then don't bother commenting at all

and don't tell me where I can and can't post, I am a regular poster on the offaly forum, and have never encountered someone as aggresive as you, posters here are for the most, extremely helpful.

I'm offering more information here than you are, all you can say is "I don't have water" I am giving helpful information and explaining why there are still issues with water in some areas

Another post like that telling me not to post here and I'll be reporting you, I don't think backseat modding is a good idea on your behalf

lizt wrote: »
    Same info on co co website that has been there for a few days - Water may be shut off at any time. I'd presume at this stage they've found all the major leaks?
    not neccessarily litz, they may well have found all major leaks but if there were thousands of tiny leaks they can be just as harmful but much more difficult to contain

wow you have a serious chip on your shoulder, I haven't even read your full post as you're getting more abusive by the minute.

If you can't read a post without taking it out of context and zooming in on something I mentioned once (my father getting aggro) then don't bother commenting at all

and don't tell me where I can and can't post, I am a regular poster on the offaly forum, and have never encountered someone as aggresive as you, posters here are for the most, extremely helpful.

I'm offering more information here than you are, all you can say is "I don't have water" I am giving helpful information and explaining why there are still issues with water in some areas

Another post like that telling me not to post here and I'll be reporting you, I don't think backseat modding is a good idea on your behalf

Wow, you really have tunnel vision, and cant see anything other than your own point of view can you? Nitpicking is not appreciated either, and if you read carefully through the majority of your posts here, you have offered nothing only a defence of those working on the water issue, with a few random points about water schemes, and your friends water situation, and then carefully picked points from my posts to hone in on and try to pull apart.

Again i say, nothing to do with the water situation in town on the whole, and just an attempt to keep dragging the thread off topic with ever post you make, even though i have tried to pull it back on topic on numerous occasions.
    I didnt zoom in on anything, it was your first post on the thread.
    You took offence in the beginning to one comment made about how your father was being paid for his work etc, and you've allowed your personal gripe to overshadow the point i was trying to make, which was, everyone working on the water situation is doing a job that they are being paid for, they havent chosen to leave their warm house out of the goodness of their heart, they knew people would be angry, those on private schemes perhaps more so as they probably expect a higher standard than those on public schemes, since they pay extra for it, and if they only person the encounter is the person trying to fix the issue, of course they will be the person who bears the brunt of their rant.

Now, as these points have been made over and over again, and everyone, including myself is getting sick of this back and forth, i would plead with you to keep the thread on topic from here on in.

I started this thread to get information on the water situation in Tullamore, i didnt pretend to be able to give anyone any information myself, but i have passed on the direct information given to me personally, to help others who may be reading.

Report anything you feel is necessary to report, i could do the same, but i have no inclination to do so.

cheerycola there is sooo much more I could say to you but you just seem to want the last word, nobody has backed you up, a few people posted to say thet DO appreciate the work that is being done to curb the problems.

I believe I have given helpful information:
    1.not neccessarily litz, they may well have found all major leaks but if there were thousands of tiny leaks they can be just as harmful but much more difficult to contain

2.still some bursts and leaks in rural areas,

3.If your water is from the council then you don't pay anything,
    New water rates due to be introduced in 2013/14 will mean that everybody will be paying an annual rate to their local authorities, in turn the authorities will subsidise the private schemes for their fees

4.good to hear the water is back to normal for most people, was talking to my dad today, he said whereas there is normally less than 300,000l of water going from the reservoir each day, that has now DOUBLED to over half a million litres each dayeek.gif
    It's basically because of leaks and bursts along the water line, they were without water the last few days because our house is at the end of the line and the system has to be worked on bit by bit, it could be a few big bursts in the pipe-line or thousands of tiny leaks along the way
    hope the situation gets sorted for everybody soon, at least the freezing temperatures have subsided
    Is there anybody still without water?

If you disagree, so be it.

can we stop this personal slagging now and keep the thread on topic?
    I promise I'll bite my lip:D and we'll have no more silly arguing over this?
    Agreed??

Thats all anyone wants. :D

Lets agree to disagree on all the other points. ;)

Is everybodys water back in Tullamore now or is anyone still without?
    Most rural areas are ok with the odd leak but TBH I think the chances of anyones water actually been switched off now, urban or rural, are slim to none (hopefully!:D)

maybe area byarea, I know water is back in knockowen and new road

nice to hear some people appreciate it dempo1!:)
    I was beginning to think people had lost their humanity!!!

If your water is from the council then you don't pay anything,

fair play for helping out during the "dry spell" clonaslee to spollenstown is a fair spin on what I imagine would have been lethal roads

my brother drinks in clonaslee the odd weekend, I forget the name of the pub but it sounds wild enough up there!!!:D

Yep, when your sweet heart calls, water must be delivered! It was wild up in clonaslee and not from the drink, unebelievably cold but the summers make up for it. About the water scheme, I actually never paid anything even before the council took it over!, no one ever asked? but mums the word!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

We have our water back a week, thank god. You know -- it's so simple, but there's nothing I've ever missed as much.
    Here is hoping that a) the snow doesn't come back and b) nothing interferes with the water supply again.

There is only so much a girl can take!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Lol this thread is the busiest the offaly forum has been in years:):) Our water was gone for near a week, and when we got it back the jaysus washing machice was broke:( thankfully no bust pipes. I remember last year for the freeze we were in a mobile home. I used every can of lynx i got for xmas as home made blow torch's trying to get water goin every morning! Could do with them now, got none this year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I know a few people who had problems with their water softeners freezing and then cracking when the thaw came, causing flooding.
    I also heard the reservoir in Clonaslee was empty, not only from leaks/bursts but from people leaving their taps running:(
    hope everyone is back to normal now, must have been a nightmare to have no wate on Christmas eve/day.

I know a few people who had problems with their water softeners freezing and then cracking when the thaw came, causing flooding.
    I also heard the reservoir in Clonaslee was empty, not only from leaks/bursts but from people leaving their taps running:(
    hope everyone is back to normal now, must have been a nightmare to have no wate on Christmas eve/day.

Hmmmm, I'm living in clonaslee and never knew there was a reservoir here?

Advertisement