Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultra trouble

• 28-12-2010 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Can anyone advise me on an injury I've picked up that has thrown a big spanner in my plans for the year ahead, ....let me start from the begining I started running about a year & a half ago a little fat guy from the country, but like so many of you it wasn't long before I got the bug & I couldn't wait for the next run it became all I'd think about from day to day & my weekly milage became higher & higher, I entered every race I could find & after a few marathons & was fixated with doing the ultra in Connemara, it's not that I'm fast I just love the distance, & if I'm being honest I probibly like the pain a bit more than I should. Anyway after doing the ultra in Connemara last year I decided that in 2011 I'd concentrate on two events the ultra in Connemara, & if it killed me the Connemara 100, even that's possible when you combine stuberness with pure thickness, so everything was going great until dcm this year when I picked up a stress fracture to my metatarsil...ooow!!! I very stupidly thought it was just another niggle & ran two 15 milers after that & that made it a lot worse! I haven't ran since November 6th & after an MRI the docs said to stay off it till feb! I'm slowly going mad, I miss running & am doing a few hour on a crosstrainer but it's not the same! I'm still going to try & come back for the ultra & decide what the rest of the year has in store after that, my question is has anybody had a similar injury or story, & what can I expect when I hit the road on feb 1st!...ps a word of warning to all you runners that push the road milage to the max, I ran 8 marathons & 1 ultra in 18 months & it sounds like a lot, but dont forget about all the training runs behind those races, limit your road usage or you could find yourselfs limited to the crosstrainer!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

sorry about this but I have to lock this thread. Our charter prevents us asking for medical advice. I feel your frustration but the correct people to ask are your doctors/physiotherapists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement