Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to help Mother

• 28-12-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mother is paying 60 euros a month (including vat) for broadband (6M) and telephone. She pays at least 300 to NTL for an analog tv signal.

This seems a rip off. Is there a better (all in one) deal? I would need to get something that is old person friendly and would mean should could keep the same phone number if she changed?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you checked out whether or not your mother can get broadband and phone from UPC as well as the tv service?

It is possible to port the phone number to UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Hi,
    My mother is paying 60 euros a month (including vat) for broadband (6M) and telephone. She pays at least 300 to NTL for an analog tv signal.

This seems a rip off. Is there a better (all in one) deal? I would need to get something that is old person friendly and would mean should could keep the same phone number if she changed?

Cheers.
    you're going to have to clarify what she is paying for analogue NTL. is 300 a typo? :eek:

she could have the digital value tv pack (€20.75), 1mbps broadband & phone (€25.00) for a yotal monthly cost of €45.75 using the most basic 'made to measure' pack HERE.

just get her to ring UPC whilst you are there and then get her to hand over to you to negotiate and just speak to them and tell them she is paying too much for too little (play the pensioner card if needed) and that you are looking at alternatives to UPC to save money and see if they will give her a discount to get you to stay with them. it might not be a permanent discount, but it's all money in her pocket at the end of the day. don't be afraid to haggle either or mention another ISP or Sky TV deals etc. to try and get your own way. :)

good luck. ;)

Advertisement