Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in a commercial property

Options
  • 28-12-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Ive been looking for an interesting place to rent, and ive found a wonderful location. Sea view, affordable, spacious, huge windows. really cool spot all in all. only problem is that its a small warehouse.

that its a warehouse doesnt put me off, quite the opposite in fact and ive thought out all the practical logistical issues, heat, location, facilities, ammenities, etc.
    but Im far from knowledgeable on property law.. Am I allowed to live in a commercial space? do I have to pay extra tax even im not running a business from there? Am I mad?

any advice would be appreciated guy

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

do you have any idea how cold it will be to spend the next few months in a warehouse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Yes, I have a background which includes some climate control design, so I did some guesstimated calculations

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

dont know the legalities, but i did it for one year. i turned a spare office into a makeshift bedroom. Only pain was no shower so had to make do with a sink lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may need planning permission. That said, some properties have work/live permissions.

Note that rates are payable on commercial properties.

So what if you want to have friends / family over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Victor wrote: »
    You may need planning permission. That said, some properties have work/live permissions.

Note that rates are payable on commercial properties.

So what if you want to have friends / family over?

Could you elaborate on the rates? I've never had anything to do with commercial property before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Rates rates rates

Also rates they cab be a real killer not only this year s rates but back ratEs

Advertisement