Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA jam

Options
  • 28-12-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi anyone get this?

was thinkin of getting it as loved nba games on snes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

hi anyone get this?

was thinkin of getting it as loved nba games on snes etc.

played a friends copy for the Xbox. I liked it, very true to the original. The commentary alone makes the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fancied it myself but haven't been able to track down a copy here, will have a look when I get back to dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I got it for the XBOX 360. It is a lot of fun. I had to get it online though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I might look into getting this once my NBA 2k11 addiction stops.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Thinking of picking this up for the PS3. Any opinions on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Managed to pick it up. It is fun but sometimes the shoving is a bit much (especially when the AI pulls the mind reading trick and spins around you, while no matter what you do, you fall to the floor!)

Completely over the top dunks which look good. Sometimes you can get a stream of blocks which is fun in its novelty.

Haven't tried online yet. Haven't tried local multiplayer either unfortunately but I would say it would be good fun.

The extra remix modes are pretty good - backboard smash and domination are my favourites. Tried a bit of the Remix tour - pretty good but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to play particular modes to unlock a medal. Would nearly have been better to have five different modes and then the Boss battle.

Only tried first Boss battle but it is tough! Made worse by the fact that it's 21 so if you get a shove wrong (quite possible), AI dunks and keeps the ball - quite a pattern emerges!

🤪

Anyone still playing this? I picked it up yesterday and am having fun with it.

I tried to find a game online yesterday but there were no opponents online.

Anyone still playing this? I picked it up yesterday and am having fun with it.

I tried to find a game online yesterday but there were no opponents online.

There is, but you need to change the settings from 4v4 to 2v2 and you won't find anyone bar the normal game mode in 2v2.

I don't like the online, you'll see 90% of people picking a 3 point shooter and they'll shoot them time after time and they have too much of a success rate:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Online aside, this seems like the kinda game that'd be good craic with 3 friends and a few beers , hows the local multiplayer , any use?

I'd literally be buying it just for that tbh

Well I found a game online today.

Got thrashed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

razzle dazzle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

im looking for a copy of this game anyone wanna part with theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I use to love the old version of this. The commentaters made it, "From down town", "He's on fire"

dagdha wrote: »
    I use to love the old version of this. The commentaters made it, "From down town", "He's on fire"

This new version has the same commentator and he is better than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Is this out on PC?

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Is this out on PC?

As far as I know it only came out on Wii, 360 and PS3.

Advertisement