Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with cous cous?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I have a bag of cous cous in the press, and really wanna do something lovely with it.
    I've seen it done with raisins and pomegranate but I'm not a lover of raisins and I've never had pomegranate.
    I don't eat lamb, so a lamb tagine with cous cous is out.
    Has anyone any simple idea of things to make?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Roast some veg and mix in with the cous cous, I've tried shallot, pepper and courgette and it's lovely. You can also add in whatever spices, chilli, etc to give it a bit of heat - perhaps add these to the oil that you're roasting the veg in?

You could do a tagine with another meat other than lamb?

Mango Chicken with Cous Cous is fairly easy and tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

This sounds a bit boring, but its actually really tasty. its simple, quick, perfect midweek dinner and its a big favorite with my 3 year old.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9046/spicy-chicken-and-roasted-mediterranean-vegetable-couscous.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Roast some veg and mix in with the cous cous, I've tried shallot, pepper and courgette and it's lovely. You can also add in whatever spices, chilli, etc to give it a bit of heat - perhaps add these to the oil that you're roasting the veg in?

You could do a tagine with another meat other than lamb?

Mango Chicken with Cous Cous is fairly easy and tasty

tried something similar and it's gorgeous. Cous cous on its own is rather bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I make it with a stock cube in the water to give a bit of flavour and add it to salads.

Advertisement