Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply in Naas

Options
  • 28-12-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Water is off since yesterday morning. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it or when it will be back. We seemed to have gotten it better than some and were lucky to have water for most of Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 teh.f4ll3n

Tried ringing Kildare County Council today, got no answer. Their site states that they're off returning on the 30th. WTF is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

teh.f4ll3n wrote: »
    Tried ringing Kildare County Council today, got no answer. Their site states that they're off returning on the 30th. WTF is happening?

Cheers for that. Not knowing is the worst thing [other than not actually having clean water]. Their website leaves a lot to be desired. I can't even find any alerts about the water.

Have you got a link?

teh.f4ll3n wrote: »
    WTF is happening?

From here.

More breaks are expected in coming days as the thaw causes ground movement, increasing the risk of older water pipes rupturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

According to the link, Water pressure is being reduced overnight throughout the county, since 6pm till about 10am tomorrow.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't repeated tomorrow and for a few more days yet.

• Advertisement

True but what the link DIDN'T say is that there is NO water. Anyway, just checked. Water is back to, what seems, full pressure. At least for the moment.

Happy days.

Whether or not you have any water depends on, fundamentally, the altitude of your house - unfortunately if your house is too high, the pressure remaining in the system won't be able to push water as high as it needs to to get to your place.

Hopefully you'll have enough water to fill your tank so that you'll have some to use some overnight before pressure rises in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

There was an update on KCC webstie sayin:"
    Please note that there are pressure reductions in place throughout the County from 6pm tonight (28th) until 10am tomorrow. Many areas particularly on higher ground and at the end of the network may not have water in their cold kitchen tap.
    From 10am tomorrow (29th) pressure will be restored slowly, if your supply is not restored by 12 noon please contact the above numbers.
    Frozen pipes are still an issue in spite of the thaw, so if your neighbours have water, there may be a problem with your own system not the Public Mains. Please do not contact the Council if this is the case, as nothing can be done."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RTReade

I just contacted Kildare water board - they confirmed that water was shut off in Naas last night and that it was turned back on this morning at 10.00 but it may take some time for the pressure to build up again (I still have no water as I type this)

She also confirmed that this may continue for a "few" days while the water engineers (well what would you call them?) continue to struggle with the leaks. So expect no water at night for the next few days - I am only hoping that we do get some water back today as I struggle to get all the Christmas washing done.

I may yet end up washing the delph in the bath !!!

I've still no water in Sallins...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RTReade

water just back.........first thing I am going to do is fill up my drums cause it is going to happen again !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Has anyone got their water back yet???

Mine is gone since Monday and Im fairly fed up at this stage..

Water is back in Sallins. KCC says :
    Water pressure restrictions will not be reintroduced until 6pm Saturday 1st January 2011. So you should have water by now. Is there no water at all or just low pressure???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Gone in broadfield view in Naas - buddy in Kilashee view across the road says it's gone there aswell.

We had plenty of water until the restrictions were lifted- cant make any sense of it ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Mine was gone from about 9.30pm Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday pressure was very low it couldn't even drive it up to the tank and yesterday and today I had nothing. Still nothing at 10.19pm :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I'm in Wentworth place in Jigginstown and have had no water since I got home from work about 3 yesterday. Similar to the poster above I had water until the restrictions were lifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Not Just Mammy

This is ridiculous. Still no water, and while the pressure was low all last week, with the restrictions lifted....there's NONE. Can't wash the kids, can't wash the clothes, can't wash the delph. I've no water in the tank. Nothing. I have a one year old baby, and I struggled severely to wash a bottle for her this morning for her milk.
    I'm not impressed with this state of affairs. And with everyone on holiday today, I doubt it will be fixed. :(

Hi- is this any good to you to fill some containers?
    Naas Town Council plan on erecting a standpipe at Aras Chill Dara from*2pm until*4pm 1st January 2011

I seen that myself Prenderb, and it will alleviate some of the problems, like being able to wash the kids and the delph...but if it's not sorted soon, even the few litres we can get from the standpipe won't be enough to wash all the laundry that's piling up all over Kildare! lol
    Now all I have to do is find someone with a car who'll be able to help me get some water :rolleyes: Wonder who ISN'T dying of a hangover today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Came back here in Jigginstown about 11.15. Now all I have to do is clear the airlocks caused by the heating and I'll be able to flush a few toilets.

• Advertisement

Mine also came back but gonna take a while for my tank to refill :( Anyone quite brave enough to stick on a wash yet?

Water in Sallins seems to be gone again :(

I was out since yesterday and only back in the past hour. Esmondale has full pressure. Actually seems like a bit more than full pressure ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Im in Oldbridge in Sallins and our water has never been off. Pressure very high.

Even now? We've no water since around 6pm. Lucky you to have it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

87pio wrote: »
    Even now? We've no water since around 6pm. Lucky you to have it :D

yeah.
    im guessing we are on a different line going to Osberstown. (or from)

Still full pressure in Esmondale

Just noted this on KCC website about Naas.
    Killashee View, Broadfield View and Esmondale, Naas will have normal water pressure at night time as restrictions apply in the town centre area. They will experience low pressure or loss of water during the day as tanks and pipelines in the town centre fill.

Apologies to water users in the area for any inconvenience that this may cause. The situation is under review

This is exactly what I found in my house. I found it weird that my pressure was heavily reduced during times of "full service" while getting proper pressure, or more during restrictions.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

where does the drinking supply come from in Monread?
    I hope it's not anywhere near that toxic dump?

Advertisement