Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre to Leixlip

Options
  • 28-12-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the handiest way by public transport of getting from Dublin city centre to Leixlip Main St?

I will also be looking to go back the same way.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

The 66, 66B and 66A (All start from Merrion Square) go through the village.

The 66A turns up Captains Hill, so you need to get off at the first stop in the village.

The 66X goes through the village too, it starts out in UCD, can catch it at Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There is also the train which goes from Connoly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Meh, fair walk from either station. Bus is the handiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

There is also the train which goes from Connoly

Out of interest, is it roughly the same distance from Confey or Louisa Bridge to the Main St? Is there any taxis around the the stations?

The bus seems handiest but just checking out both options, as may be easier to go home on a Sunday with a train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

Hi
    Could anyone tell me how long it would take on the 66x from Glen Easton to St Stephens Green in the mornings and then how long the commute would take in the evenings back again.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Out of interest, is it roughly the same distance from Confey or Louisa Bridge to the Main St? Is there any taxis around the the stations?

The bus seems handiest but just checking out both options, as may be easier to go home on a Sunday with a train.

Buses also pass both train stations so you could get them into leixlip main street

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

applicant wrote: »
    Hi
    Could anyone tell me how long it would take on the 66x from Glen Easton to St Stephens Green in the mornings and then how long the commute would take in the evenings back again.

Thanks!

using the 67x from celbridge as a guide I'd say 40-50 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

Thanks a mill.
    I'm just wondering though if anyone would have an exact time for 66x from glen easton to St Stephens Green, have to make sure I'll make it to work on time! :)

Thanks!

Advertisement