Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints and tips for a noob

Options

Comments

If you stick to one gun, you'll plat it in no time. I always switch, so only have a few plats.

AN94, 40mm Nade, Knife, tanks and plenty of gold stars.

He might play a lot yeah, but sure I stopped playing for about 5 months, didn't play from launch (as my PC was FUBAR at the time) and I'm rank 38.

If you play a couple of hours each night you rack up the hours fairly quickly.

And what badges are you talking about for 2 plats? There is only 1 badge with that requirement.

Ya but is it not 1000 kills for a gun?... if it is getting it for every weapon isn't going to be possible for the majority of players, there's just too many guns.

I'm doing a bit of switching now, but only to get Golds, I came back to it after 6 odd months at xmas and i had next to no engineer or recon done in my first play through so missing the tracer darts plants, C4 etc....

Ya One badge for the two platinum's that's what i meant, the other lad was saying to someone to platinum all weapons, i said at least in game they left it at 2 because your talking 100's and 100's of hours to max out every weapon.

I'll be happy enough doing the in game accomplishments which are time consuming enough then trying to Platinum every weapon... just need the 3 road kills in one round pin(seems tricky as most times i've tried knock someone down it just floats over them :rolleyes: plus you'll only get the ones throwing C4/ mines at you when they comes that close) and then the rest will come in time(500 shotgun kills, knives kills, C4, tracer plants etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Spear wrote: »
    Would PS3 players be interested in a name list sticky similar to the PC players one?

YES please

I do be on most nights and wouldn't mind a few people to play with.....

Although I only play Hardcore now.... once ya get used to it, it's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'll be happy enough doing the in game accomplishments which are time consuming enough then trying to Platinum every weapon... just need the 3 road kills in one round pin(seems tricky as most times i've tried knock someone down it just floats over them :rolleyes: plus you'll only get the ones throwing C4/ mines at you when they comes that close) and then the rest will come in time(500 shotgun kills, knives kills, C4, tracer plants etc...)

I cannot get that pin for the life of me!! And I need it for 2 badges! (the 40 unique pins, and the vehicle warfare or whatever its called for all vehicle pins).

I've ran over 100's of people, and the hit detection NEVER seems to get it unless you slowly roll over someone in a tank.

I do be on most nights and wouldn't mind a few people to play with.....

Although I only play Hardcore now.... once ya get used to it, it's much better.

I'm on most nights, and TBH I hate hardcore. Its done in such a stupid way.

I don;t mind no minimap, or crosshairs on the guns (I use the sights anyway, so no biggie) but removing crosshairs form tanks and choppers etc is just plain stupid. Makes it next to impossible to aim - especially in Vietnam as the M-48 I think has the barrel to the side.

I just play regular 99% of the time, its more fun IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I cannot get that pin for the life of me!! And I need it for 2 badges! (the 40 unique pins, and the vehicle warfare or whatever its called for all vehicle pins).

I've ran over 100's of people, and the hit detection NEVER seems to get it unless you slowly roll over someone in a tank.

Last I recall the body of the quads doesn't cause an impact and you need to aim with the tires. I managed it at the start of Valdez rush round fairly easy. And had a good laugh at the engy who stepped out from behind a concrete barrier to throw down a mine, only to learn that mines have an arm time causing him to go promptly beneath my wheels.

I'm on most nights, and TBH I hate hardcore. Its done in such a stupid way.

I don;t mind no minimap, or crosshairs on the guns (I use the sights anyway, so no biggie) but removing crosshairs form tanks and choppers etc is just plain stupid. Makes it next to impossible to aim - especially in Vietnam as the M-48 I think has the barrel to the side.

I just play regular 99% of the time, its more fun IMO.

Maybe they've changed it since you last tried because the only time your left free-aiming is with the Grenade Launcher and Mounted MGs.
    Tanks work as normal and choppers i can't comment on as i rarely get in them.

Apart from that it suits better players, was sick of killing someone and either that person knowing where i was or someone else seeing the combat on the mini map. You can still get your spot assists and it's easier to get Sniper kills(i'm good at hitting upper body but rarely hit the head and they normally get away then, i'm racking up the kills since switching to hardcore)

You can be spotted as well in normal mode even when your not visable to the spotter, they could be aiming at bushed spamming select, they manage to see you and all the team know where you are then, at least if someone gets lucky in hardcore it's only them who can see you.
    And also i've often spotted someone but couldn't pin point the exact spot without the triangle as you'd be moving the crosshair fast enough

I think you can get the vehicles badge without road kills.... I only have 3 road kills from my pins left, there was another you could do in the same go, 3 kills with cars. But i parked a quad up in cover, sat on the back with a shotgun and got some stragglers running by.

Maybe they've changed it since you last tried because the only time your left free-aiming is with the Grenade Launcher and Mounted MGs.
    Tanks work as normal and choppers i can't comment on as i rarely get in them.

Apart from that it suits better players, was sick of killing someone and either that person knowing where i was or someone else seeing the combat on the mini map. You can still get your spot assists and it's easier to get Sniper kills(i'm good at hitting upper body but rarely hit the head and they normally get away then, i'm racking up the kills since switching to hardcore)

You can be spotted as well in normal mode even when your not visable to the spotter, they could be aiming at bushed spamming select, they manage to see you and all the team know where you are then, at least if someone gets lucky in hardcore it's only them who can see you.
    And also i've often spotted someone but couldn't pin point the exact spot without the triangle as you'd be moving the crosshair fast enough

I think you can get the vehicles badge without road kills.... I only have 3 road kills from my pins left, there was another you could do in the same go, 3 kills with cars. But i parked a quad up in cover, sat on the back with a shotgun and got some stragglers running by.

Hmm, well I only played hardcore there last week, and had no crosshair on the tanks :(

I don't even play tanks that much, but when you're being raped by a chopper in Vietnam on hardcore, you need a tank to get rid of it!

Well its the wheels of hazard pin I need, which requires road kills.

Hmm, well I only played hardcore there last week, and had no crosshair on the tanks :(

I don't even play tanks that much, but when you're being raped by a chopper in Vietnam on hardcore, you need a tank to get rid of it!

Ah right as I got a vehicle (efficiency) 5000 points badge for just getting the kills sitting on a quad.

You can take down choppers with a medics gun in Vietnam?..... I've single handedly(in small numbers games after 12am) taken down a chopper in one clip with a medics gun a few times.

Choppers are seriously underpowered compared to BC2.... taking one down in that can be hard all right as they can do their circular flying **** while you can only hit them from a certain height(in a tank) and normal weapons don't seem to cause any damage :(.

I tried some Hardcore when i first had the game, but didn't take to it until recently, ya it sucks when you get killed and don't know where they are, but it works both ways and at least you can still pick up spot assists if someone kills the guy within a few seconds(which is all luck really)

Apart from the gun on the PBR Ive yet to see anyone take a chopper down in bc2:vietnam with a machine gun.

As you said they do.their circle crap and theyre invincible unless you hit them with a tank. Luckily OLIm quite proficient in my anti-chopper tank role he he :D

• Advertisement

Apart from the gun on the PBR Ive yet to see anyone take a chopper down in bc2:vietnam with a machine gun.

As you said they do.their circle crap and theyre invincible unless you hit them with a tank. Luckily OLIm quite proficient in my anti-chopper tank role he he :D

Not sure maybe it's different on the PC, but on the PS3 you can defo shoot down a chopper with any sort of weapon and that's not even on hardcore mode as i haven't played Vietnam since i switched.

I wouldn't even get in a chopper in Vietnam as they get shot down within a minute or two(was that way 2/3 weeks ago when i last played it anyway) as every bullet that hits it counts as damage, and you get the complete opposite in normal BC2 then where only 2/3 weapons can damage them.

I've even taken down one or two myself with one clip(of a 200 bullet Medic weapon) on a map with 3/4 people(which is all you get after 12am since we got such a **** matchmaking system)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

How many hours have you put into it?

Are you like a BC2 version of those people who play COD solely when they're online and no less even a year down the line?.
    Don't mean that in a smart way, just can't see how you could get circa 1000 kills per weapon without putting in nearly 1000 hours.

I'm at 100 hours now, I got a Platinum for Tanks yesterday which was 450 kills i think, highest weapon is LMG which i have at Gold 8 star, and when i first owned the game it was the only gun I really picked.

I find it's a bit of hassle to even get Gold in everything and get all the pins/badges(a badge only requires 2 Platinums, that seems fair enough to me, not everyone can put in the hours to get that many kills for Platinum for every gun)

My K/D ratio is over 1.00 but considering how long the games take and the fact that in some rounds you mightn't get much action, I couldn't possibly Platinum every weapon, it would require another 200-300 hours I'd say.
    I'll be doing well to get ones like the 500 shotguns kills etc...
    i got the game 11 months ago. ive 525 hours up on it which is about 1 and a half hours a night. i did have fook all do do all summer when the weather wasnt good and i live in the back ar$e of nowhere so i did play it alot some days.
    the reason why i did get that many guns platinum'd is because i play with the IRL clan on the xbox forum and we dominated most games and racked up serious amounts of kills each. my PB is 84 k and 27 D attacking valperaso using the G3.
    i also had 6 weeks off over xmas and with all the crap snow i again put alottt of time into it concentrating on getting my defensive W/L ratio up and getting kills at the same time.
    it really isnt hard to get so many platinum'd weapons. we played a clan about 6 months ago and a fella was level 50 with 600 hours up. now i think i play it too much but thats ridiculous

i also noticed i dont have grenades and mortar platinumed. i must have taught i was on gold 9 but was actually 8. fix that soon :D
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/garv%20123

speaking form xbox its simple to take down a chopper. people have resorted to using it to get in behind the enemy base but its way to weak. nobody even uses the rpg to take it down. ive never seen one been hit with an rpg. 1 medic clip been fired infront of the chopper will do the job

garv123 wrote: »
    i got the game 11 months ago. ive 525 hours up on it which is about 1 and a half hours a night

speaking form xbox its simple to take down a chopper. people have resorted to using it to get in behind the enemy base but its way to weak. nobody even uses the rpg to take it down. ive never seen one been hit with an rpg. 1 medic clip been fired infront of the chopper will do the job

Ah ya taught so, 500 hours would be beyond most players though.
    Even with my heavy play for the first 2/3 mths and since xmas I'm only at 100 hours, getting to two platinum's is enough of a challenge.

Ya maybe they have it diff' on PC, but they are too easy to take down in Vietnam, they need to get the balance right between BC2 and Vietnam. Too lob-sided either game

Ah ya taught so, 500 hours would be beyond most players though.
    Even with my heavy play for the first 2/3 mths and since xmas I'm only at 100 hours, getting to two platinum's is enough of a challenge.

Ya maybe they have it diff' on PC, but they are too easy to take down in Vietnam, they need to get the balance right between BC2 and Vietnam. Too lob-sided either game

most people have 300-500 or higher on the game who got it on launch day like me. who played it as their main game.
    it took me 400 hours (ish) to get to level 50 which was my main goal of the game for me

garv123 wrote: »
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/garv%20123

Not on the PC. Choppers can seriously rape.

I'm pretty good at hitting them with tanks shells whcih 9/10 will blow them up.

I hit them regularly with RPG too - but you have to be good. RPG will take one down, but won;t blow it up - i.e they occupants can still jump out.

Not on the PC. Choppers can seriously rape.

I'm pretty good at hitting them with tanks shells whcih9/10 will blow them up.

I hit them regularly with RPG too - but you have to be good. RPG will take one down, but won;t blow it up - i.e they occupants can still jump out.

on xbox i know this will only work on BFBC2 not BCBC2 Vietnam. inn am its all about the medic class to take down choppers.in vanilla BF i love taking down choppers using the gustav alone. pretty easy if u practice

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

You have to be in first person mode. You get the crosshairs and the drop gauge in it. For choppers fly in third person and switch to first person when you're taking a target out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

In an effort to avoid de-railing....

This may be of some help to newbies

Battlefield Wikia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Okay, that's cleaned up the thread and put it back on track.

If anyone wants a new topic, start a new thread, don't hijack a different thread.

If you want to discuss something one-on-one, use the PM system, that's what it's there for.

As mentioned before, any questions/queries/clarifications, then PM myself or Ponster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

I'v just started playing this games recently and have only realised that I have to kill someone with the melee attack to get a dogtag. After much trying and failing last night I managed to kill a person on level 32 i think it was. Anyway I never got the dogtag , do I have to do something else to make sure I get them.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

steve_cass wrote: »
    I'v just started playing this games recently and have only realised that I have to kill someone with the melee attack to get a dogtag. After much trying and failing last night I managed to kill a person on level 32 i think it was. Anyway I never got the dogtag , do I have to do something else to make sure I get them.
    Thanks

No, just the stab attack gets you the tags, nothing else. For a level 32 you should have seen a silver dogtag for that.

No I didn't get it I checked in the Dogtags section at the end of the game and it wasn't there. Ah well time to try and start stabbing people again, well at least some of my fails were funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

No I didn't get it I checked in the Dogtags section at the end of the game and it wasn't there. Ah well time to try and start stabbing people again, well at least some of my fails were funny :)
    final kill stabs dont reward dogtags

there was a problem on the battlefield servers recently where weapons and kills werent registering on the game. everything was set to 0
    even BFBCS.com /stats wasnt working properly and a message on the top said knife kills still werent working. give it time and it should appear.
    continue stabbing. its very addictive and fun. especially when you see someone is level 41 or above

Ended up getting 10 tags last night in two games. Nothing better than sneaking up behind someone especially a sniper , and stabbing them lol.
    Luvin this game at the minute. Only got it to play when I'm bored with BLOPS but the gameplay is brilliant, you actually get rewarded for good tactics and not just trying to rack up kills. Found myself playing it all the time instead of blops !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

On the subject of dogtags, are they just for show or do they have any rewards tied to them?
    you actually get rewarded for good tactics and not just trying to rack up kills
    It's a shame though, from what I've seen at least, that people would still play objective-based gamemodes as though they were TDM - maybe it's just the servers I've played on, but I've seen a lot of people who would have loads of kills, but won't make an attempt to arm/defuse charges on the M-COM's :(

Robby91 wrote: »
    On the subject of dogtags, are they just for show or do they have any rewards tied to them?

It's a shame though, from what I've seen at least, that people would still play objective-based gamemodes as though they were TDM - maybe it's just the servers I've played on, but I've seen a lot of people who would have loads of kills, but won't make an attempt to arm/defuse charges on the M-COM's :(
    Massive surge in this since black ops tbh. Also a massage upswing in gustavs being used since nade launchers in this require a direct hit nearly.

Black ops has pretty much screwed this game up for battlefield players. I freeley admit to being a mainly recon player, yet the amount of times I've found myself running half the map to try disarm when there is medics and assault classes near by is staggering

Robby91 wrote: »

Oh and dogtags are purely for bragging rights.

The fact that a persons k/d ration is not visible during the game is a great idea, one that should definately be implemented in cod games. Agree that no-one seems to want to disarm the bombs etc. Playing rush yesterday and only myself and one other guy were trying to plant and disarm the bombs. He was a sniper too, was it you lol.
    I went mad trying to get some dogtags but once I had a few I grew tired of it. Rather shoot them in the head :D

• Advertisement

Ha no you'd know it's my, My GT is the same as here.

One thing they should do is up the points again like last time. Make it 1000pts for a disarm and 1000pts for a succesful setting + explosion. When I snipe I often snipe back into my base covering the mcom just as much as I'll snipe into the snemy base.

Do what I do, any player not carrying his weight gets lit up with a tracer dart

Advertisement