Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints and tips for a noob

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do what I do, any player not carrying his weight gets lit up with a tracer dart

I prefer the odd smoke nade to help encourage friendly snipers to go do something useful. And of course stabbings for the enemy ones.

/2412 tags and counting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Spear wrote: »
    I prefer the odd smoke nade to help encourage friendly snipers to go do something useful. And of course stabbings for the enemy ones.

/2412 tags and counting....
    2537 here....havent really played in a month since I moved home to **** internet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I freeley admit to being a mainly recon player, yet the amount of times I've found myself running half the map to try disarm when there is medics and assault classes near by is staggering
    While I wouldn't be primarily a Recon player (Engineer is probably my most-played class lately, followed by Assault/Recon), I often find that I'm forced to push forward alone, or with little help - particularly on vehicle maps.

Had a game last night last night on Harvest Day Rush, while on Offense, where I had to move up to the M-COM at the barn at the first 'point' alone, take on a tank and then arm the charges. I got fairly lucky (tank driver didn't move to escape the Mortar Strike), but I really can't understand why people insist on hanging back when playing Offense (or charging half-way to enemy spawns while on Defense, then losing the base)

Also, can someone explain how exactly spotting works? Does it only put the indicator on the spotted target for members of your squad, or will the whole team see the indicator? I don't seem to be seeing them that often (except in the maps suited for close quarters) so I don't really know if targets are only shared to squad members, or if my teammates just won't spot targets for the sake of helping the team.
    Do what I do, any player not carrying his weight gets lit up with a tracer dart
    I prefer the odd smoke nade to help encourage friendly snipers to go do something useful

Oh, those are quite nice ideas. I'll have to keep them in mind next time I have deal with those folks :P

I play hardcore so spotting is pointless as no visual marker shows up.

But on soft core if you tag him the whole team sees him and if at once your whole team empties their combined clips into him you've a 50-50 chance of killking him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Oh and dogtags are purely for bragging rights.

The tags themselves, maybe. But they accompany knife kills.

Up to 500 kills you get your bronze/silver/gold(x9) and platinum badges.

A total of 56,500 points (as it is for every weapon).

So not just just for bragging.

Gold tags are a dime a dozen these days. I remember when people with gold tags were usually excellent players. Now they're mostly camp n00bs, and rubbish.

I stopped playing for a few months and all of a sudden there's rank 50's everywhere lol and most of them are sh1te.

• Advertisement

Gold tags are a dime a dozen these days. I remember when people with gold tags were usually excellent players. Now they're mostly camp n00bs, and rubbish.

I stopped playing for a few months and all of a sudden there's rank 50's everywhere lol and most of them are sh1te.
    or worse.....tank and chopper players who only ever have feet on the ground when running to one or the other

or worse.....tank and chopper players who only ever have feet on the ground when running to one or the other

lol plenty of rank 50 chopper players with their circley circley flying crap.

Thats when I jumo into a tank - to shoot the choppers down. The amount of n00bs that can't or won't shoot choppers down is ridiculous - especially in vietnam where the choppers can rape no end.

Ha on the xbox a clip from any medic gun will bring them down. Rediculously underpowered.

Ha on the xbox a clip from any medic gun will bring them down. Rediculously underpowered.

Not on PC. You could hammer them for 15 minutes with the PBR machine gun (most powerful in Vietnam) and they still wouldn;t come down.

1 well aimed tank shell however.... :D

Quadruple kill baby!

yer lucky, It's good going to keep in the air for more than a minute without having to repair on xbox. We pretty much use them as transport and dump as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

look how long the game is out though and still people arent level 50. black ops have aload of people level 15 prestige already. its way harder to level up in BF

the first set of gold tags i got were off a guy who must have been clearly boosting because i took them 6 times in the one game and he was rubbish.
    he was one of a fistful to be gold that early too.

im gone off battlefield now because of the standard of teammates. not saying there bad, but just the fact they're fools who sit in a tree and snipe miles away.
    shame though because the game itself is brilliant

garv123 wrote: »
    look how long the game is out though and still people arent level 50. black ops have aload of people level 15 prestige already. its way harder to level up in BF

the first set of gold tags i got were off a guy who must have been clearly boosting because i took them 6 times in the one game and he was rubbish.
    he was one of a fistful to be gold that early too.

im gone off battlefield now because of the standard of teammates. not saying there bad, but just the fact they're fools who sit in a tree and snipe miles away.

I'm only just getting to level 40. That is after a 3 month leave of absence though.

But yeah, its not like 2142 were after about 3 months EVERYONE was nearly rank 50 lol

not saying there bad, but just the fact they're fools who sit in a tree and snipe miles away.

I really don't get people sniping in this. It's zero fun IMO.
    They pick the same spots on the same maps... massive repetition.

I've just 30 odd Mortar strikes(100 for the badge) to get and I'll never have to play Recon again since I've the guns completed.

I think they should take the mortar strike off the snipers, it's just another excuse to sit miles back.
    There's nothing worse then having 1/2 in your squad and having to respawn a half mile away every time you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I just got platinum on the Gol Sniper rifle, any suggestions on which is the next best sniper rifle?

Also, I played that Heavy Metal map today for the first time in ages, the cars on that are so cool, so much fun zooming around the map trying to run people down. Turns into a bit of a camp fest though, all the snipers on various hills.

I really don't get people sniping in this. It's zero fun IMO.
    They pick the same spots on the same maps... massive repetition.

I've just 30 odd Mortar strikes(100 for the badge) to get and I'll never have to play Recon again since I've the guns completed.

I think they should take the mortar strike off the snipers, it's just another excuse to sit miles back.
    There's nothing worse then having 1/2 in your squad and having to respawn a half mile away every time you die.
    meh depends on the maps tbh.
    Some maps I'll sit back and cover my team advancing and letting them know where the enemys are, others maps I'll sneak to the back of their base and just be a spawn point

meh depends on the maps tbh.
    Some maps I'll sit back and cover my team advancing and letting them know where the enemys are, others maps I'll sneak to the back of their base and just be a spawn point

1/2 snipers on a 12 man team is more then enough, however most people couldn't give a **** if they were 1 of 10 snipers which means killing the enemy is a waste of time as the 1/2 trying to get the M-Com are going to be killed and put back to base every minute until they quit out.

You can snipe from a close point more effectively, this also means more team members will spawn off you and any assault might drop you some ammo. Can also make more use of Mortar and Motion Mines but most seem content to play for themselves and sit 1000 metres away boosting their K/D ratio.

1/2 snipers on a 12 man team is more then enough, however most people couldn't give a **** if they were 1 of 10 snipers which means killing the enemy is a waste of time as the 1/2 trying to get the M-Com are going to be killed and put back to base every minute until they quit out.

You can snipe from a close point more effectively, this also means more team members will spawn off you and any assault might drop you some ammo. Can also make more use of Mortar and Motion Mines but most seem content to play for themselves and sit 1000 metres away boosting their K/D ratio.
    not true.

Lafortezza wrote: »
    I just got platinum on the Gol Sniper rifle, any suggestions on which is the next best sniper rifle?

Also, I played that Heavy Metal map today for the first time in ages, the cars on that are so cool, so much fun zooming around the map trying to run people down. Turns into a bit of a camp fest though, all the snipers on various hills.

the m24 is by better than the GOL because you also have the mil dots for long shots.
    they're both on par with each other power wise id say. one shot one kill like all bolt actions.

1 hit kills once you have mag ammo and they dont have on armour. the m95 is the only true one hit one kill thus it's long reload time

1 hit kills once you have mag ammo and they dont have on armour. the m95 is the only true one hit one kill thus it's long reload time

ive often gotten hit markers with the m95 when they had body armour on and didnt die.r
    reload time is a disaster

• Advertisement

ive often gotten hit markers with the m95 when they had body armour on and didnt die.r
    reload time is a disaster
    ah but im a much better sniper than you garv :P

garv recon score per hour 6627
    raze recon score per hour 4535

ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got a source for the score per hour by kit stats?

Ah garv, I thought we said getting kills weren everything, how often have I hidden up in an attic as a spawn point for you and the lads?? Or covered your mcom station as you set it and taken out people disarming??

Spear. Stats verse, history, score/time

Spear. Stats verse, history, score/time

That's not broken down by kit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

If you sit in a tree I will team kill you multiple times.

JayEnnis wrote: »
    If you sit in a tree I will team kill you multiple times.
    pointless. You can sit on a tree in valperisso as an attacker about 10 foot from the right side of the third set of mcom stations. Great spawn point. seriously hard to spot someone being a spawn point there. Stupid to team kill someone being a great spawn point just because they're in a tree.

ah stats verse gave the amount of hours played with each kit and the kit score. gotta get out the calculator for the rest.

or paste into exel if you're lazy like me :rolleyes:

ah stats verse gave the amount of hours played with each kit and the kit score. gotta get out the calculator for the rest.

or paste into exel if you're lazy like me :rolleyes:

It doesn't show times per kit in detailed view, but I got them on the simple view.

252331/19.5h=12940 per hour.

• Advertisement

It doesn't show times per kit in detailed view, but I got them on the simple view.

252331/19.5h=12940 per hour.

pc players..:rolleyes:;)

i only saw the detailed view on stats verse there.
    u usually use BFBC2 stats.

just seen this on it
    When you play Conquest, Bad Company 2 counts a win as an Attacker Win, while a loss is counted as a Defender Loss

ive been trying to get up my W/L defensive ratio and was wondering why it wasnt going up. when im with randomers who dont defend i usually play conquest because i taught it wouldt effect my defensive W/L ratio but from reading above it does :(

Advertisement