Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints and tips for a noob

Options
1235»

Comments

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Matchmaking mainly.
    There's 3 of us in a squad and 1 in the other squad,someone new joins,what would be the most retarded thing to do with the new lad???

You need to take into account though that he may have chosen to remain solo.

I've often had a game where with 10+ on my team I couldn't find a squad to join or one with 1/2.
    If friends join as a squad it's automatically set to ''PRIVATE'' so that would leave uneven numbers for other squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Matchmaking mainly.
    There's 3 of us in a squad and 1 in the other squad,someone new joins,what would be the most retarded thing to do with the new lad???

You need to take into account though that he may have chosen to remain solo.

I've often had a game where with 10+ on my team I couldn't find a squad to join or one with 1/2.
    If friends join as a squad it's automatically set to ''PRIVATE'' so that would leave uneven numbers for other squads.
    Understand what you're getting at but this lad in particular already had 2 others in the squad that had dropped out which is the root of the problem in my opinion,if people could drop out between games it would be far less of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

OP here.

So I've been playing this for 7 months now and this evening i got put into a map i have never seen before ( the one with the windmills)

How is this possible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

weiland79 wrote: »
    OP here.

So I've been playing this for 7 months now and this evening i got put into a map i have never seen before ( the one with the windmills)

How is this possible?

You Mean Heavy Metal? There's nothing odd there, it's a normal, publicly available map.

Spear wrote: »
    You Mean Heavy Metal? There's nothing odd there, it's a normal, publicly available map.

But is it not odd that i've never played it before tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

because its not a rush map maybe and conquest only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What's odd about it? Its on the rotation of maps.

I've played it loads of times in conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

OP here.

How is this possible?

Have you only been playing rush? Only Vietnam? Selecting servers that only play particular maps (that don't include this one).

If you've been randomly selcting servers, yes it would be fairly odd. But you may be the type that picks the single or dual map 24/7 servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

He plays on Playstation so its not servers.
    I find that heavymetal doesn't come up that often though. Its probably my least favourite conquest map. As its far too empty and you have to run kilometres if you lose your vehicle.

As was said i play on playstation and almost exclusively play conquest so as far as i can tell it is definately weird that after 7 months i have only played this map once.
    Also i haven't seen it again since.

I guess it will remain a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

is that the map that has the farm as a spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Heavy Metal is a rare map on PS servers?? You cant pick which map you play?

Thats sad because its the best tank and vehicle map in BF2.

What is the point in being able to walk right into the enemy deployment and just pick them off when they spawn....and why do people even do it????

Seems like every second game ends up ruined by this farcical situation.

What is the point in being able to walk right into the enemy deployment and just pick them off when they spawn....and why do people even do it????

Seems like every second game ends up ruined by this farcical situation.

Ya I agree.

What's the point in leaving it that way?..... 90% of players will bomb it straight out there when they get the chance, dropping mines and C4 all over the shop.

TBH though based on the BC2 maps even if they couldn't enter a certain zone, considering there are so few ways out of each base they could just sit a tiny bit further back and still leave the C4 and mines around the place for the tanks to run over.

They would need to make the bases REALLY wide with multiple roads out with slim to no cover for the enemies to hide behind for a few 100 metres(kind of like Atamaca Desert's first base on Rush), and have a dead zone they can't enter.

One of the producers said they were trying to stop it, but fell short of saying it would be banned :mad:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9352.html
    Spawn...dead. Spawn...dead. Spawn...goddamnit!

Spawn camping or as it's known in the online multiplayer world, "base rape," is one of the most unfortunate and irritating elements of online play in a shooter. For those who aren't familiar, it's when an opposing player discovers one of your team's spawn points (a fixed spot where you resurrect and re-enter the game after getting killed), and just mows you down when you appear. Annoying as hell. But DICE knows it's a problem and will try to make "base rape" difficult to do in Battlefield 3, without sacrificing usability. As Senior Gameplay Designer Alan Kurtz recently stated:

"We're doing a lot with base rape prevention. Have to balance usability and spawn protection, tough choices."

If we didn't have to worry about spawn campers in Battlefield 3, that'd be a huge bonus. But we understand that it can be difficult to combat, and there will always be a few gamers who try to ruin the fun for everyone. That's just unavoidable, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Why don't they give players who spawn at their base a couple of seconds of invulnerability – this could keep raising if they get killed within a few seconds after spawning.

TBH though based on the BC2 maps even if they couldn't enter a certain zone, considering there are so few ways out of each base they could just sit a tiny bit further back and still leave the C4 and mines around the place for the tanks to run over.

At the very least don't let them into the base,then you might have a slim chance of fighting your way out and not just dying instantly on respawning.

At the very least don't let them into the base,then you might have a slim chance of fighting your way out and not just dying instantly on respawning.

Thing is though they RARELY enter the base, maybe if they have a tank they'll come in, but I find they sit just a bit outside it anyway so any stragglers trying to cut out the sides don't make it.

Here's hoping they sort it anyway, wouldn't be hard to make the maps a bit bigger with dead zones only the teams can enter, and a few roads in and out.

Hey quick question.

I've been playing this on the PC for a while now.

Had it on the PS3 but it's broke 2mths now so I've put more effort into learning to use the Mouse/Keyboard.

I'm getting there but I can't figure out one thing.

My sensitivity is 65 all round I think... so it's loose enough.

But when I'm in a tank it takes about 5/6 pulls of the mouse to get to where I want to go, there doesn't seem to be any vehicle sensitivity either and in normal aiming it's not exactly tight.

Any ideas?... it's taking too long to turn the turret :(

Also what's up with the shotguns?.... I've been hit from long range with them a few times, didn't seem to happen on the PS3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hey quick question.

I've been playing this on the PC for a while now.

Had it on the PS3 but it's broke 2mths now so I've put more effort into learning to use the Mouse/Keyboard.

I'm getting there but I can't figure out one thing.

My sensitivity is 65 all round I think... so it's loose enough.

But when I'm in a tank it takes about 5/6 pulls of the mouse to get to where I want to go, there doesn't seem to be any vehicle sensitivity either and in normal aiming it's not exactly tight.

Any ideas?... it's taking too long to turn the turret :(

Also what's up with the shotguns?.... I've been hit from long range with them a few times, didn't seem to happen on the PS3 :(
    the tank is slow enough to turn anyway. dont have a pc but shotgun slugs can be used.
    there basically a bullet so they can kill you across the map. they are way to accurate in the game which is why so many people use it. one shot kill with mag ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

spot spot spot and dont be a lone wolf simple as :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Gearheart wrote: »
    no spotting in hardcore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Gearheart wrote: »

Whats this spotting thing you speak of ?
    no spotting in hardcore

Ah that explains why ive never heard of it.:rolleyes:

Advertisement