Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U20 World cup

Options
  • 28-12-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Congrats to our very own JP in qualifying for the knockout stages with two games to spare.

We will meet england or SA in the first knockout round and then probable NZ in the final.

Good luck JP!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm afraid, without the mighty Ben Young at eight, this Ireland team is doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm afraid, without the mighty Ben Young at eight, this Ireland team is doomed.

Dammit, I thought he was a centre. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

For anyone not watching (or paying attention!) U20's beating England solidly and have a handsome lead with 15mins left to play.

Final v NZ up next.

go get them JP!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Can anyone explain to me why New Zealand won? We were tied for scores at full time... I thought it then went to the score at half-time? We were leading at half-time so I'm confused. What was the decider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why New Zealand won? We were tied for scores at full time... I thought it then went to the score at half-time? We were leading at half-time so I'm confused. What was the decider?

NZ beat us in the group stage. In the world cup thats the deciding factor in the event of a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

NZ beat us in the group stage. In the world cup thats the deciding factor in the event of a draw.

Ugh. And it was so close in the group stage, so close. That's irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Frustrating, but thems the rules! we shall have to redouble our efforts for season 12 lads.

hard luck JP, but an amazing effort that really deserved a victory! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You can't get much closer without winning .. . great job JP but gutted at the same time

Advertisement