Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear wireless problem

Options
  • 28-12-2010 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a Netgear Range max wireless router. (wpn824v3)

Im using the latest firmware from the netgear site, but over the past 3 of 4 weeks, the router signal keeps dropping. It stays gone for a few mins and then either kicks itself back in, or I have to plug it out and back in again.

Its connected to an NTL blue modem which doesnt seem to losing signal. I've left one laptop wired into the netgear router and this still works fine when the wireless signal drops.

Am I looking at getting a new wireless router? I know the new UPC connections get one wireless modem and thats that, but Im stuck with the older NTL modem for now.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Funnily enough I have the exact same problem as you and came on here to see if I could finally sort it! Ive had this problem on and off for practically 3 years, its got gradually worse though.

Initially I had Netgear router and NTL modem and my internet would drop connection when I was online and may decide to come back in a few minutes or else id have to physically unplug the modem/router and plug it back in after 10 minutes. Sometimes though it loses connection about 3 or 4 times in the space of a half an hour which gets quite annoying.

Ive had 2 replacement routers and engineers out from NTL and 1 replacement NTL modem. Since NTL are gone and werent offering support for the wireless router i tried netgear yet again but they now want to charge me at least €60 to renew my warranty so they can "try" and fix it. With all the issues Ive had Ive thought about changing the router as well but I havent a clue what one to get.

Another issue Ive had is that my macbook will connect to the wireless network but will only work at a snails pace despite the fact my windows laptop works fine. I tried my macbook on a wimax connection and worked no problem.

Ive tried so many solutions for these problems but i can only think its the router and since you sound like youre having the exact same problem and probably have a newer router than mine it sounds like the problem is still there

Advertisement