Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 125 Prelims

• 28-12-2010 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Finally a deal was made with Ion TV in the states to air 2 and maybe 3 bouts of prelims sat night, wonder will we get them on any channel? Normally get em on espn when theyre on Spike, hopefully

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

some of the best prelims i have ever seen on a ufc card! serious roster of fighters it has to be said!
    Crazy that Mike Brown bout isin't even getting tele time(may get this on main card review if there is time i guess)

Preliminary card (Ion TV)

* Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens
    * Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier
    * Middleweight bout: Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares

Preliminary card

* Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes
    * Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto
    * Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Crazy that Mike Brown bout isin't even getting tele time(may get this on main card review if there is time i guess)

+1. The guy smashed Faber twice, but i bet when Faber comes around he's in the Co-Main Event and is fast-tracked to a No.1 contender fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Hurrah for Antonio McKee being on the unaired prelims. That would've been 15 minutes of my life I wouldn't get back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    +1. The guy smashed Faber twice, but i bet when Faber comes around he's in the Co-Main Event and is fast-tracked to a No.1 contender fight!

People would rather watch Faber than Brown, you can't blame them

Fozzy wrote: »
    People would rather watch Faber than Brown, you can't blame them

This might be an excuse for the Co-Main Event status, but not for the contendership. It's a combat sport, the guys who get to challenge shouldn't get there because they're the pretiest!

• Advertisement

I would argue that Faber is in a better position for a title shot in his division than Brown is in his at the moment though

Well yea i guess you're right since Faber went down in weight. I had forgotten about that.

Also, Cruz called him out by name. So he's gonna be next up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think Stephens is gonna take Marcus, Davis had been posting on Yahoo that he was do a test weight cut, and this was only 4 weeks ago, surely doing that so close to the fight will drain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think Stephens is gonna take Marcus, Davis had been posting on Yahoo that he was do a test weight cut, and this was only 4 weeks ago, surely doing that so close to the fight will drain him.

Bit of info on MD's weight change, it's not just a standard 170 - 155 drop, his diet changes etc prompted the drop as his weight was changing so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Prelims now being aired live on UFC.COM too :) saawweeeet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Do i need to install a player to watch these free prelims?
    Im a bit wary of downloading extra crap onto my pc.

I think a while back I had to download Microsoft Silverlight? But it shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

The prelims will be showing on ESPN :)

The prelims will be showing on ESPN :)

You got a source for that dude? Online guide says only the PPV is on from 3, I know they normally show them but wasnt sure this time around

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bit of info on MD's weight change, it's not just a standard 170 - 155 drop, his diet changes etc prompted the drop as his weight was changing so much.

How easy do ya think he'll be able to make 155? I always thought he was a pretty big (As in stocky) 170 fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Tones69 wrote: »
    You got a source for that dude?

Was from Marshal Zelzanik's (sp?) facebook a few hours ago but UFC have just tweeted it..

Link

Just got it on twitter, yup, sweeeet :)

How easy do ya think he'll be able to make 155? I always thought he was a pretty big (As in stocky) 170 fighter

I think itl be very very hard on him, this pic is with him minutes before the weigh in at UFC 99 in germany and he looked drawn out, dunno where the extra 15lbs is gonna come off

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150115952561276&set=a.10150114861551276.316079.46299886275

166214_10150115952561276_46299886275_8255745_5584230_n.jpg

You got a source for that dude? Online guide says only the PPV is on from 3, I know they normally show them but wasnt sure this time around

Most of the time they don't put it up onto the schedule until the last minute

Most of the time they don't put it up onto the schedule until the last minute

Its official anyway, gift :) great night of fights

• Advertisement

Its official anyway, gift :) great night of fights

Yeah just saw that! An incredible night of fights! Just look at those Prelims. Superior to most Fight Nights IMO.

Already after banging 4 yo yo on Guida to stop Gomi, 10/1 cant go wrong, will bang another few bets on too, the prelims should be excited, Phil needs a win but think tavares will take it, Nate by points over Kim

Already after banging 4 yo yo on Guida to stop Gomi, 10/1 cant go wrong, will bang another few bets on too, the prelims should be excited, Phil needs a win but think tavares will take it, Nate by points over Kim

I'll be putting a tenner on that one, great odds for sure

10/1 is super odds! Might bang a few quid on that myself.

I'll be putting a tenner on that one, great odds for sure
    10/1 is super odds! Might bang a few quid on that myself.

Yup damn straight ;) the way i see it, dont think gomi will be able to stand the pressure for 3 rounds so im calling a 3rd ronud stoppage by guida

They're really pushing it with three fights in an hour. They've got to be hoping for some finishes

They're really pushing it with three fights in an hour. They've got to be hoping for some finishes

3 fights, 45 mins, bar entrances/introductions etc, all they need is one not to go the distance and 3 wont be a prob at all

3 fights, 45 mins, bar entrances/introductions etc, all they need is one not to go the distance and 3 wont be a prob at all

A standard one hour program in the US goes 44 minutes minus commercials

A standard one hour program in the US goes 44 minutes minus commercials

So? :)

• Advertisement

I'm sure they have it sorted. They might not have adverts! I remember one time they had a Fight Night where they entire first half was without ads.

It was one of those "This section of the show is brought to you without commercial interruption by Jimmy Floyd's" or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

3 Prelims... Me likey. Very much looking forward to this one now.

Advertisement