Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibly how not to advertise your accommodation to let...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Always knew there was something fishy about Bray.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That has to be a pisstake!
    Are you a mindful, soulful or willing to be so? Health, eco, inner peace etc? Then discounts from 10 to 80 per room are possible! Read advertisement carefully, please. We are about not just living together, but to benefit each additionally!

Never shifting a house with that rabble!
    This advert is more about comfort from supportive housemates than comfort from the house building itself!! (Anyway want to see house without coming? Check Daft.ie service StreetVIEW on map below advertisement. Our house is with red car in garden (ooks like something ~95y red Subaru Impreza ). )

Looks more like a Suzuki Alto to me...

EDIT: Just saw the car on Google Street View. I thought he was talking about the pic of the car on Adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Someone has to ring the mobile number at the bottom!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Other than the whole vegan cult vibe I'd actually love to live in a situation like that-- a mini-community made up of friends who share everything and are essentially a little family. It's a lovely little idea, and it never hurts to grow your own stuff and keep your bills down either.

But, I mean, I still need my bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh the ironing.

A non internet user gets a fiver discount...... considering the ad was posted on the internet, i presume a large number of applicants would be internest users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

liah wrote: »
    Other than the whole vegan cult vibe I'd actually love to live in a situation like that-- a mini-community made up of friends who share everything and are essentially a little family. It's a lovely little idea, and it never hurts to grow your own stuff and keep your bills down either.

Plus, think of all the orgies and gangbangs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Degag wrote: »

Exactly! I always was a hippie at heart. :pac:

liah wrote: »

I thinks that's the real idea behind it somehow.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Actually I would pay 180 euro for that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh the ironing.

A non internet user gets a fiver discount...... considering the ad was posted on the internet, i presume a large number of applicants would be internest users.

What I don't get is how someone with a car, fair enough an electric car, gets more of a discount than someone without a car!

That's when I lost interest. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...vegans would hardly have the energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Id like to see a pic of the French Gym instructor lady before I sell the Land Rover and quit the steak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

They really sound like a funny bunch.
    F*cking hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ok how does having no car earn me less of a discount than having an electric car or a hybrid ?

Alright - whose up for moving in and behaving for the first few days before going on a drink/drug/hooker fueled session until the others move out ????:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Short 15 day notice if you wish to leave...":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I just saw a 26 yr old lithuanian woman, Im in. Amazing my eyes picked out that from scrolling that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ok how does having no car earn me less of a discount than having an electric car or a hybrid ?

Alright - whose up for moving in and behaving for the first few days before going on a drink/drug/hooker fueled session until the others move out ????:D

Sorry but arriving there in my Hummer* might give away that i am not seriously interested in living there/with them.

*would have to rent one first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

They have a swing, a pool table, weird food, sure what more do you want for 180 a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...before getting a great fry-up going in the kitchen, roaring WHO'S FOR RASHERS?!? up the stairs with a bull-horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Would love to see Karl Pilkington sent to live in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I feel like at least half of the photos are of places they hide potential housemates who don't make the cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

1. A bigger discount for having an electric or hibrid car over no car. [ ] makes sense.

2. Having 3 big fridges is economical...

3. That pool table is not 6 foot.

Tempted to go check the place out and take photos as a trip report.

pow wow wrote: »
    I feel like at least half of the photos are of places they hide potential housemates who don't make the cut.
    "You didn't rhyme yellow with mellow, did you Sardonicat?
    We heard the flush but not the plop. Into the punishment room..."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Larianne wrote: »
    What I don't get is how someone with a car, fair enough an electric car, gets more of a discount than someone without a car!

That's when I lost interest. :cool:

Obviously they'll be cadging lifts off you all the time if you have a car.
    Oh the ironing.

I understood that as meaning you have to pay 5 euros if you don't use the internet.

I've lived in a couple of places like this for short periods. Nice idea, and the houses were powered entirely by the occupants' sense of self-satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I wonder if theres a similar ad for pork eating 'waiting for The Day Of Vengeance' evil bastards........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'd apply but I don't think my chakra is compatible with theirs.

Is that pronounced chay-kra?

Is that pronounced chay-kra?

No, it's shak-ir-a.

No, it's shak-ir-a.

Whatever.

• Advertisement

Don't be worried about that. I'd wager they know someone who could realign yours for a modest fee.

Whatever.

Peace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Its a cult recruiting early for 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

I really dig the

****Electric shower with bath under it*****

And yes no better way to support Mother earth in a 4 bed gaff then have not one not 2 but

*******3 big fridges (economical)*************

Peace.

Ah crap, the song was called 'whenever, wherever' so that last post made no sense. A bit like these lovely lyrics.
    Lucky that my lips not only mumble
    They spill kisses like a fountain
    Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
    So you don't confuse them with mountains
    Lucky I have strong legs like my mother
    To run for cover when I need it
    And these two eyes that for no other
    The day you leave will cry a river

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

pow wow wrote: »

Hidden? More like handcuffed to a radiator out of shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wonder if they allow house parties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Hidden? More like handcuffed to a radiator out of shot.

I was going to say 'bury' but then I thought they'd probably compost them :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Im moving in

I love laughing at people with little english who really shouldnt post formal things in writing to show off their lack of knowledge

That awkward moment when a bunch of drunk Gardaí go back to this house for a party.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

I'd actually love to live there, as a vegan it's a nightmare trying to find similar housemates. These type of people are usually quite nice and not as mental as ya might think, and are always interested in cooking so delicious food is always available. I cook delicious healthy vegetarian meals for my meat-eating friends all the time and they love the food but I still respect their choice to eat meat on other days.

Anyway TLDR version: Those people would be great housemates! But you'd almost want an advanced physics degree to calculate the different rates of rent.
    23y French women (work 4h as a gym instructor );
    26y Lithuanian women.

Cha - ching!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

How coming having cars of different types (electric/hybrid, etc) are up to 30euro or so off but having no car at all is only a tenner off?

Wouldn't having no car at all be more eco-friendly than having a hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Copper23 wrote: »
    How coming having cars of different types (electric/hybrid, etc) are up to 30euro or so off but having no car at all is only a tenner off?

Wouldn't having no car at all be more eco-friendly than having a hybrid.

Maybe they want to bum lifts off whoever moves in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What are their opinions on rimming though?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

Oh the ironing.

Ha ha it's actually Ad-on but not discount on price, if you not use internet ( so it probably means, non-internet user is probably Telly watcher or don't understand benefits of having good internet...which is issue in Wicklow, when no NTL their :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Free love? 24 year old French gym instructor?

Who wouldnt want to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

What are their opinions on rimming though?

It used to be a problem in the household, but they reckon they've got it licked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

I take it is assumed rent allowance is accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Ha ha it's actually Ad-on but not discount on price, if you not use internet ( so it probably means, you Telly watcher and cooperate on internet...which is issue, when no NTL in Wicklow :) )

Is that your ad by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

I really dig the

****Electric shower with bath under it*****

And yes no better way to support Mother earth in a 4 bed gaff then have not one not 2 but

*******3 big fridges (economical)*************

Ye, Sounds unecological..
    but fridge is just a tool :) They might be switched on max freezing or they might having no freezer at all, which means big fridge can consume 100W and only when it's buzzing (engine on).

Also, if somebody watched mathematics from films like "Eating" or "Healing Cance Inside Out" , would find interesting to know for example that to drive car is cheap than walk on calories from meat... it's just because so much energy, materials used to creat it.
    so it means keeping concentrated processed foods (meats aswell) in a fridge are much much less unecological and uneconomical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement