Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibly how not to advertise your accommodation to let...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I wonder how they feel about a tenant playing Black-ops for 10 hours a day everyday? I didn't see a discount for this type of set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I wonder how they feel about a tenant playing Black-ops for 10 hours a day everyday? I didn't see a discount for this type of set up.

Perhaps you could enquire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

so how many of Tony Quinns seminar's do i have to sign up to before i'm allowed move in??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Read the description and actually liked the sound of the place, looked at the pictures and hell nooo. Apart from a bunch of neatly arranged books nothing in that house fits the description. It's empty, messy and there's nothing soulful there at all :confused:

Bunch of preachers imo, all talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭niallers1

I felt a sick in my mouth after reading that advert.

My God, What a waste of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

liah wrote: »
    Other than the whole vegan cult vibe I'd actually love to live in a situation like that-- a mini-community made up of friends who share everything and are essentially a little family. It's a lovely little idea, and it never hurts to grow your own stuff and keep your bills down either.

But, I mean, I still need my bacon.

Yeah, a little Manson family. What a pack of horrible freaks. "Come live with us and be exactly like we are in every way, eat only what we eat, do only what we do. If you deviate from our lifestyle in any way we will fine you and add the fines to your bill at the end of each week. Everyone chant together now"

"One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble.
    One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble."

Horrible sounding little weirdos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

strobe wrote: »
    Yeah, a little Manson family. What a pack of horrible freaks. "Come live with us and be exactly like we are in every way, eat only what we eat, do only what we do. If you deviate from our lifestyle in any way we will fine you and add the fines to your bill at the end of each week. Everyone chant together now"

"One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble.
    One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble."

Well, in fairness, I did say other than the whole vegan cult vibe..

I wouldn't care about any of that stuff, I'm not particularly eco-friendly and firmly stick behind my love of meat, I just like the idea of sharing a house with a bunch of people you get along with.

..And I like the idea of growing food, 'cuz I have fond memories of my mom giving me fresh vegetables from the garden and they were yummy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

The only pictures i wanna see is the chicks, but you just know they gonna be proper munters. And moody.

Unless they paying +5 for use of ecomonical sexual healing toys :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

"One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble.
    One of us,
    One of us;
    Gooble Gobble,
    Gooble Gobble."

They sing this to the rejects:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Are they hippies? Imagine the price of the electricity with them fans going around the clock.

I'd take the 24 year old french gym instructor up to her bedroom though and do some serious damage to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

* Use of 4bar 2000W 1.5l steamer for cleaning, smell, disinfection;
    * Use of 120bar power washer Ryobi

Communal power-washing and steam cleaning? It's the only way they can get the smell of low grade hash and BO out of their long, straggly hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

* Of Course prefer Non-Smokers or Low outside smokers who are awake and prefer to quit this slavery. We may help, but while you smoke +20Eur/person*month please and you welcome as a sponsor ;

MUWUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

CorkMan wrote: »
    Are they hippies? Imagine the price of the electricity with them fans going around the clock.

I'd take the 24 year old french gym instructor up to her bedroom though and do some serious damage to her.
    I think that's the third time in about a month I saw you use the phrase 'I'd do some serious damage to her'. Wtf? Must be one of those things people-who-don't-get-any say. Ya can't stick a patch on real girlfriends Corkman. Easy does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

And here is the last housemate you have to meet, Tin pot Hitler. He will calculate all your fines at the end of each week, and insist on prompt settlements regardless of inconvenience caused! I think I'll draw a picture of the tard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Yeah, a little Manson family. What a pack of horrible freaks.

So people who care about the environment and animal cruelty are "horrible freaks" and comparable to a family of psychopath murderers. What a great society we live in.

Or is it just anyone who lives a different lifestyle to you is weird? Enjoy your KFC and Sky TV filled life.

• Advertisement

So people who care about the environment and animal cruelty are "horrible freaks" and comparable to a family of psychopath murderers. What a great society we live in.

Or is it just anyone who lives a different lifestyle to you is weird? Enjoy your KFC and Sky TV filled life.

Neither, it's people who only want to be around people that are just like them in every way shape and form, thinks everybody around them should think and act just like them, and think it's reasonable to employ bat ass crazy morality taxes to somebody who might think a little bit different to them.

The horrible horrible stasi, thought policing, nutcase, Airstrip One developing, weird ass, creepy, freaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

No one said anything bad about caring for the environment and animal cruelty. What this whole thread has been complaining about was the obvious sense of smug satisfaction coming from a supposed concern for the environment and animals and such. Just because someone doesn't want to devote their life to "wellness" doesn't mean they're addicted to KFC, open your mind, there's such a thing as a sensible middle ground.

Neither, it's people who only want to be around people that are just like them in every way shape and form and think it's reasonable to employ weird ass morality taxes to somebody who might think a little bit different to them.

The horrible horrible stasi, thought policing, nutcase, Airstrip One developing, weird ass, creepy, freaks.

Do you not see the irony (stupidity perhaps?) in your post? In one paragraph you are criticising them for penalizing those who think differently, in the next paragraph you are insulting people who think differently to you, make up your mind.

No one said anything bad about caring for the environment and animal cruelty. What this whole thread has been complaining about was the obvious sense of smug satisfaction coming from a supposed concern for the environment and animals and such. Just because someone doesn't want to devote their life to "wellness" doesn't mean they're addicted to KFC, open your mind, there's such a thing as a sensible middle ground.

Yes and sensible middle ground doesn't consist of comparing this lot to the feckin manson family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

wyndham wrote: »
    Maybe they want to bum lifts off whoever moves in.

How is car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Enjoy your KFC and Sky TV filled life.

Whats wrong with Sky TV and kfc? Just because you choose to live in a fairly unique way dosent mean that there is anything wrong with others believing in better and enjoys finger licking chicken. Each to their own and all that

Do you not see the irony (stupidity perhaps?) in your post? In one paragraph you are criticising them for penalizing those who think differently, in the next paragraph you are insulting people who think differently to you, make up your mind.

I am not penalising them though, criticising perhaps. They are the only ones suggesting they will penalise anyone that thinks differently to them. Can you not see that? Or in your rush to suggest my viewpoint was based on (stupidity perhaps) did you suddenly lose your comprehension of the word 'penalise'? Do you know what the word means? Here's a hint, it doesn't mean what you think it does. Did you also say something about irony?

Sterling post all round High Energy *can't bring self to post rolleyes even though a more fitting time has never before existed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

It'll be enemas in the bathroom to do their liver detox, and then buddhist chanting each night to make up for a lack of television.

The place will be filthy, but no one will care but you. They'll all be gone to bed each night by 10pm. god help you if you have a life-your 'negative energy from drinking, smoking, shagging and eating rashers will seriously upset their chakras.

I speak from experience!:o (I was the rasher eater)

I am not penalising them though, criticising perhaps. They are the only ones suggesting they will penalise anyone that thinks differently to them. Can you not see that? Or in your rush to suggest my viewpoint was based on (stupidity perhaps) did you suddenly lose your comprehension of the word 'penalise'? Do you know what the word means? Here's a hint, it doesn't mean what you think it does. Did you also say something about irony?

Sterling post all round High Energy *can't bring self to post rolleyes even though a more fitting time has never before existed*

penalize, penalise [ˈpiːnəˌlaɪz]vb (tr)
    1. to impose a penalty on (someone), as for breaking a law or rule
    2. to inflict a handicap or disadvantage on
    3. (General Sporting Terms) Sport to award a free stroke, point, or penalty against (a player or team)
    4. (Law) to declare (an act) legally punishable; make subject to a penalty

Yes, I know what the word means, and yes they are penalizing people who think differently to them. If imposing extra charges on people who aren't vegan/vegetarian can't be construed as inflicting a disadvantage on, then I don't know what is. Maybe in your dictionary the word means something else, or maybe you didn't interpret my post properly.

I think it's you who needs the dictionary mate :P Duhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Oh....they must drive a Prius....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

shak-ir-a.

Hippies don't lie!

I used to live in North America and these types of ads are quite common on Craigslist over there.
    I once saw one that had something like the following:

"We are all vegan and if you are not, please note that you will not be permitted to bring any meat into the house. However please note that our dog is fed a raw meat diet and you must be comfortable with this".

In other words, we won't tolerate a housemate eating meat, but the housemate should be happy that the dog's raw meat will be lying around!

Maybe you could sneak in a few fish fingers and say the dog owns them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

****ing green party muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Ok you guys, just chill out. I just have moved into the house and it is really nice living spaces. Since my initiation ceremony I have seen the truth about your corporate/meat eating excuse for what is the living. I have thrown away my rasher sandwiches and 48" plasma TV, and for your record these hemp saris are really comfortable. No more will I have worryings about what I am eating, I am eating nature and nothing else for now on. I can see my beer belly disappear in front of my eyes and it brings a feeling of peace to me. Only one problem I have is the cat, I am allergic and sneeze all the time. I cannot put cat outside becaus other housemates say that the cat was here first and that my sneezing is my body expelling toxins from my previous life. I must go now to sleep and rest my spirit because tomorrow we all go to Newgrange for new year festival of dance and peaceful loving. Can somebody tape Eastenders for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

paulosham wrote: »
    Ok you guys, just chill out. I just have moved into the house and it is really nice living spaces. Since my initiation ceremony I have seen the truth about your corporate/meat eating excuse for what is the living. I have thrown away my rasher sandwiches and 48" plasma TV, and for your record these hemp saris are really comfortable. No more will I have worryings about what I am eating, I am eating nature and nothing else for now on. I can see my beer belly disappear in front of my eyes and it brings a feeling of peace to me. Only one problem I have is the cat, I am allergic and sneeze all the time. I cannot put cat outside becaus other housemates say that the cat was here first and that my sneezing is my body expelling toxins from my previous life. I must go now to sleep and rest my spirit because tomorrow we all go to Newgrange for new year festival of dance and peaceful loving. Can somebody tape Eastenders for me.

OMG! That's not the real new year!!! That is why you are craving Eastenders. You Need to Cut the Ties that bind you! Immediately.
    I am sure you will find some wonderful, peaceful and life affirming practioner who charge you a fortune what is due to them to assist you on your journey.

Indeed, that cat may have an older soul than yours. Be awake and aware. And give thanks every day for sharing such a blissful space with such wise beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

You're one of them, aren't you?
    WindSock wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement

paulosham wrote: »
    these hemp saris are really comfortable.

Don't they scratch your balls?!
    I'm sure it's nothing a bit of meditation couldn't sort out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Seriously - this **** has tony quinn written all over it;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

money off for being a vegetarian and growing your own food with a 24 year old french gym instructor...150e a month and im looking for a place...

/never posts again as I'm in the compost heap but look at those process!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

I am not sure, what's wrong with that ad... (it's in daft also: www.daft.ie/3584405 )

Is it too much text?
    Well, it's good to know more, if you interested in such more respectful living.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's you isn't it! My sister suggested I might get more money off if I speak in a fairy voice, is this acceptable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A week, a week and I would have butchered and eaten one of the housemates to get me some meat! Even though there would be fcuk all, one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Is it just me but given the title of this thread I was kind of disappointed with the "discount" list on that. I thought it would consist of something far more dodgy ;)

Anyway in keeping with the general direction of the thread, fecking hippies!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I am not a number!! I am a man!!!......oh......wait....i'm number 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Could you take endless discussions in three languages about your discount status, and how it has changed since the last discount status meeting?

And you have to go (probably) to Newgrange for the winter solstice.

Run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

anyone taking bets on which one of the tenants wrote the add? iv got money to say it wasnt the 22 yr old irish male

edit; in fact ill bet a large sum that ethicranger wrote the ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Yeah it kinda struck me as EthicRanger's ad.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

kc66 wrote: »

That's some first class detective work kc66!
    Famous Five calibre. Jolly good!

He also gave a link to the ad to a poster back in September http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67993113&postcount=9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Nice boarded up shed out the back. Think we all know whats growing in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Devia wrote: »
    Nice boarded up shed out the back. Think we all know whats growing in there.

magic mushrooms out of dead bodies i imagine

ah no ethic i kid i kid the idea is knda admirable but it is kind of hypocritical to penalise people who dont follow the same belief system(like the raw food diet for example :rolleyes: ) but the heart is probably in the right place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

[QUOTE=

ah no ethic i kid i kid the idea is knda admirable but it is kind of hypocritical to penalise people who dont follow the same belief system(like the raw food diet for example :rolleyes: ) but the heart is probably in the right place[/QUOTE]

Funny how you see this in negative way, but our brains probably in the right place lol... just to let you know, we have big tendency to negativity (our minds react 11 times stronger to negative things).
    Here are few questions for your a bit lost in negativity minds:
    How Discounts from one of cheaper prices in Bray can be named as a Penalties?
    Then, Are you looking for Penalties, when you doing say Christmas shopping? lol :)

Now for other detectives, hey seriously good job on detecting, who wrote ad! Amasing!
    I see some of you might soon detect in what prison ( Fast Egos created living creates stress -> need to earn for emotional supressants like drugs, smoking, junk food ...no wonder why these industries thrive --> later Exhausted bodies and minds becomes customers of Medical industries ...no wonder why these thrive) they live and might create something similar or just make a call to us... welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Funny how you see this in negative way, but our brains probably in the right place lol... just to let you know, we have big tendency to negativity (our minds react 11 times stronger to negative things).
    Here are few questions for your a bit lost in negativity minds:
    How Discounts from one of cheaper prices in Bray can be named as a Penalties?
    Then, Are you looking for Penalties, when you doing say Christmas shopping? lol :)

Now for other detectives, hey seriously good job on detecting, who wrote ad! Amasing!
    I see some of you might soon detect in what prison ( Fast Egos created living creates stress -> need to earn for emotional supressants like drugs, smoking, junk food ...no wonder why these industries thrive --> later Exhausted bodies and minds becomes customers of Medical industries ...no wonder why these thrive) they live and might create something similar or just make a call to us... welcome
    I can understand your words, but it's your sentences I have a problem with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

I can understand your words, but it's your sentences I have a problem with.

Indeed. In the words of Lisa Simpson "I know those words but that makes no sense"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Wut does it all mean? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

How bat sh*t crazy do you need to be to think an advert like that is the smart way to go about looking for flatmates :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement