If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HT-S6305B

Options
  • 28-12-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi John

Have you any deals going on an Onkyo HT-S6305B system or even one of the earlier versions (HT-S5.. or HT-S3..)

Regards

J-W

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

J-W wrote: »
    Hi John

Have you any deals going on an Onkyo HT-S6305B system or even one of the earlier versions (HT-S5.. or HT-S3..)

Regards

J-W

J-W,

HTS6305 is £399.95 (and it's a cracking system)(Back into stock on Friday)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts6305/onky-hts6305

HTS3305 is £299.95 including free delivery
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk
    (Available from stock today)

Denon DHT1311 - Available from stock today at £349.95 (Reduced from £449.95) again including free shipping
    http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=83742842-dc75-4090-b169-b916700fd158&SubId=8b8b4f1a-e5c8-4778-9e0c-3ae508022566&ProductId=d4140347-0068-4abf-b176-67f4ace0b825

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi john,

Theres a Onkyo HT-S6305B on Amazon with free shipping to Ireland for
    €362.46

http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B003H9NHY2/onkyo-ht-s6305b-3d-ready-5.1/

I would rather get it from you guys if ye can match the price

regards

J-W

J-W wrote: »
    Hi john,

Theres a Onkyo HT-S6305B on Amazon with free shipping to Ireland for
    €362.46

http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B003H9NHY2/onkyo-ht-s6305b-3d-ready-5.1/

I would rather get it from you guys if ye can match the price

regards

J-W

J-W,

I'd rather you bought it from us as well - however ShopIreland.ie don't have any stock at the moment and no information on incoming stocks and they are also not Onkyo Authorised dealers.

I'll happily price beat ANY Authorised Onkyo dealer who has the same T's & C's as us for this unit,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

Hey John

I was also looking at the Onkyo HT-S6305B. Couple of questions for you:

1. Would you choose this over the Denon?
    2. Do any of these units upscale video, eg. from a DVD or STB?
    3. You mentioned there is free delivery on the other two units. How much for this one?
    4. How do these systems compare to a seperate receiver and speaker package. £400 really is about the limit of my budget.

Cheers

Paul

walshy123 wrote: »
    Hey John

I was also looking at the Onkyo HT-S6305B. Couple of questions for you:

1. Would you choose this over the Denon?
    2. Do any of these units upscale video, eg. from a DVD or STB?
    3. You mentioned there is free delivery on the other two units. How much for this one?
    4. How do these systems compare to a seperate receiver and speaker package. £400 really is about the limit of my budget.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for post:

1. Not sure really - the Onkyo uses the 508 receiver in this package whilst the Denon is an AVR1311 - I love the AVR1311 sound for music however the 508 is great for crash/bang/wallop movie stuff (I'm not much help am I?)

2. Neither of them upscale

3. Standard delivery is £11.99

4. To be fair - really well - they ARE both proper separates and dont have any compromises - you get a great deal as they are packaged together (the only disadvantage is that the Denon is in a H U G E box and it's a complete disaster getting it out of our stock room! :p

Completely subjectively - if it was me I would probably go for the Denon - purely on the basis of it's musicality.

Keep me posted.

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Thanks John.

Am I correct in saying that the the AVR1311 is Denon's lowest level model, whilst the 508 is Onkyo's "second" level after the 308? or is it a case that Denon's entry level is a higher spec.

This will be really use for movies rather than music.

I see the Onkyo comes with an iPod dock whereas this is extra with the Denon? How much for the dock?

Whats the typical delivery time to Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Yes, you are correct.

The AVR1311 is Denon's entry level receiver, whereas the Onkyo is second up in their series, but sometimes it's like saying that the Ford Fiesta is the same as the Audi A1. Just because it's the first in the series doesn't mean that it's not as good.

They are both good systems. The Denon dock (ADS11R) would cost £79.95 so if you're looking to keep the budget down, then the Onkyo will be the way to go.

Just on a personal note....I prefer the build and the sound from the Denon speakers. The Onkyo speakers seem a little light in comparison.

Deliveries at the moment are slow due to couriers overly long holidays. We are shipping on Tuesday 4th for delivery on Wed 5th.

I hope this helps but keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

ok cool. let me think about it over the weekend but I reckon I'll go with the denon. If I call on Tuesday morning will I make that shipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Hey, do you guys have the Onkyo HTS6305 in stock at the moment by any chance?

Hi Renn.

We have one of these left and it's brand new and in the box.

It's priced at £349.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

We do offer a price beat so let me know if you get a better price.

We can also offer a 5 year refundable warranty on the system for £34.95 that if anything goes wrong, we cover it for 5 years from date of purchase.

Let me know if you would like it as I don't suspect it will hang around.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Sounds good, sent you a pm!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Renn.

Thanks for your order for the HTS6305.

It will be dispatched on Monday and should be with you no later than Wednesday.

Any problems setting up when you get the system out of the box just let us know.

Excellent, thanks guys.

The only thing I'll be connecting to it first is a PS3 - No Sky/Xbox etc...do I need a second HDMI cable? Obviously have one at the moment connecting the tv to the console...

Good Afternoon Renn.

Yes you would need another HDMI as in total you would need two to run the Play Sations 3.

One from playstation to amp and the other from Amp to TV.

I use the Following QED cables for my set up:
    QED Performance HDMI E 1 meter
    http://www.qed.co.uk/206/gb/product/performance/hdmi-e.htm
    This cable is priced at £39.95
    A 2 meter version is priced at £49.95

Let me know what you think.

Hey guys, thanks for that.

Having a bit of a problem with it at the moment though - have sound only coming out of the back left speaker - any ideas as to why this is happening? The wires are set up all the same so it'd be unusal to only get 1 out of 5 right - and I've tried fixing them up a few times already. Also, when I plug the mic in and it's doing its check, it stops at FL and returns 'No' and for the rest it's all '--'.

Thanks.

Hi Renn.

The FL is the first one that it checks and generally if it doesn't find it, it won't continue.

Have you checked that the speakers are wired + to + and - to - as sometimes a short will cause this.

It might be an idea if you can to email us a picture of the back of the receiver to davemc@richersounds.ie and we'll see if we can spot anything wrong.

Highly unusual that you are only getting one speaker.

Can you drop us a pic and we'll take a look ?

Thanks

Dave

Email sent!

Sorted it out guys!

Happy Days Renn!!

If you have any further questions or problems please let us know. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.