Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1 home cinema system, ideas ??

Options
  • 28-12-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

In the process of buying a system but totally overwhelmed by choices , basically I want a 2.1 channel system with a blu ray player ...Help ! Should i buy a Sony HTFS3.CEK 2.1 ch 400W Home Cinema System and a seperate Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player from Amazon for a total price of E240 or go for the Samsung 5200 2.1 all in one which is E320...
    Or has anyone else got any other suggestions ....
    Thanks in advance ...
    Paul W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What is your budget. Would you consider an Amp+Speaker package. It would be a much better system in terms of quality and would allow for upgradeability to 5.1 or 7.1 in the future.

EDIT: Or consider a soundbar. They would be better than 2.1 but not as good as 5.1 Check out Richersounds.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulyt33

Budget wud be around the 350 mark , and I'ld prefer the 2.1 as I don't really want the bother of running the 5.1 cables in a already cmpleted newly built extension ...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm thinking along the same lines myself. I don't often get a chance to watch movies, most of my viewing is of the downloaded variety, or repeats on sky+

I can't face Special Agent Oso in surround sound. :)

Was thinking of the Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player currently on offer for £89.99 and maybe the Sony HTFS3.CEK 2.1 ch 400W Home Cinema System

I have a Samsung 32" LCD, fairly recent.

Advertisement