Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE VENUE TRAMORE OPENS

Options
  • 28-12-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

New Venue opened in Tramore on St Stephens Night and was full by 11.30pm / Super Live Venue and unreal for Djs ...Located @ O'Sheas Hotel Tramore

Huge things coming to Tramore and its nice to see it back on the Map..

Heres the first few months Line up

www.thevenuetramore.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

New Venue opened in Tramore on St Stephens Night and was full by 11.30pm / Super Live Venue and unreal for Djs ...Located @ O'Sheas Hotel Tramore

Huge things coming to Tramore and its nice to see it back on the Map..

Heres the first few months Line up

www.thevenuetramore.com

http://www.facebook.com/TheVenueTramore

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

worked well for south out there! ................... actually oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think South just didn't know what they wanted to be.

I saw the Revs there way back in '02 and they had fire jugglers and a beanbag room. It was class if I do say so myself.

Went in their fairly randomly later and the place was gutted and a totally different feel.

I find it very hard to believe IMHO that anyplace in tramped could pull people out of time outside of a people who just fancy a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

ziedth wrote: »
    I think South just didn't know what they wanted to be.

I saw the Revs there way back in '02 and they had fire jugglers and a beanbag room. It was class if I do say so myself.

Went in their fairly randomly later and the place was gutted and a totally different feel.

I find it very hard to believe IMHO that anyplace in tramped could pull people out of time outside of a people who just fancy a change.

ur dead right mate i was thinking the same! i hope it dose well all the same could do with something different! but people just dont want the hassle of getting in and out of tramore every weekend!

With a capacity of about 600 it is in no way near what south was . Hotel located next door always helps and a decent stage, Dj box ,lighting,seating and Sound we think we have it right . We still have loads to do but its getting there

Its a superb Live Venue and with a population of 11.000 out in Tramore it will hold its own as the only proper Venue out here especially during the summer.

Opening night reactions to the place were great , It was a bit messy but st stephens always is . With mostly a local crowd we opened all areas and closed teh doors at 12 to a capcatity crowd which in tramore had not been seen in a few years .

Hope we can get support and Put Tramore back on map .It will give people somewhere different to go and save on taxis and travel into town which we all have to do .

Hope to see ye there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

With a capacity of about 600 it is in no way near what south was .

For comparison, what would The Forum or Escape hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Havnt being in either in a good while, If they are the same as what they were about 6 monts ago, The Forum=1,300 , Escape = 400. Just a rough guess im sure some of the lads working in these venues would have a better idea, and when we are on this subject, I was out with the Mrs Stephen's night we went into Masons talk about over crowding and full of kids, Im 24 myself and felt old in there, I was also dragged out dancing whats going on with the Dance floor the whole thing was shaking I thought we would end up on top of the bar down stairs at one stage:)

I'm just after seeing ya have a thread in the County fourm too OP,

So seeing as the vast majority of Tramore is discussed in the county fourn I'm gonna close this down and we can take it over there (link below)

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69761837#post69761837

Thread Locked.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You beat me too it, no need for this to have been posted in the city forum in the first place.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You beat me too it, no need for this to have been posted in the city forum in the first place.

:)

That's us new up coming mods. Quick off the mark:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive actually merged it with the one in the county thread now

I'm way to far gone in the Christmas spirit to do that.

Thanking you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

I was also dragged out dancing whats going on with the Dance floor the whole thing was shaking I thought we would end up on top of the bar down stairs at one stage:)
    When this happens the bartenders downstairs get scared. I first thought I was imagining it, but then asked my friend who was working and they thought the place was going to collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

When this happens the bartenders downstairs get scared. I first thought I was imagining it, but then asked my friend who was working and they thought the place was going to collapse.
    it probably will end up collapsing!! watch this space!!!!

Just so we all clear its masons we are talkin about :)

People will think the venue is comin down and its on the groundfloor lol

Just so we all clear its masons we are talkin about :)

People will think the venue is comin down and its on the groundfloor lol
    nah kelly we,re actually on about your house lol

nah kelly we,re actually on about your house lol

Lol its poppin here alright ha ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The Venue management could do well out of doing a deal with a local minibus company (local to either waterford city or tramore itself). The Venue could also advertise on the minibus the club itself and the bus service. A lot of nightclubs in Dublin and just outside that are seen as a significant taxi charge away do this. Or they could do a deal with some local taxi drivers, there is a very simple way to get around the "far away from Waterford City" problem.

A very simple way to ensure people don't abuse the minibus service as merely a way to get around and not actually go to the club would be to incorporate the minibus charge into a ticket for the club (not sure if there is a door charge in the club).

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Was at the Beardyman gig last night. Kudos to all involved for a well run club. Great sound system, not sure if it's a permanent install or whether it was brought in for the gig. Was particularly impressed with the bouncers, I was with my mate who is wheelchair bound after breaking his spine, and we were brought straight around the queue, through an alternative entrance and to a table.

Was at the Beardyman gig last night. Kudos to all involved for a well run club. Great sound system, not sure if it's a permanent install or whether it was brought in for the gig. Was particularly impressed with the bouncers, I was with my mate who is wheelchair bound after breaking his spine, and we were brought straight around the queue, through an alternative entrance and to a table.
    thats what door security personnel are meant to do in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

thats what door security personnel are meant to do in the first place

Fair play to him for pointing out something positive tbh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was at Ryan Sheridan last night, great gig and great place.

Keep up the good work Neill, excellent venue!

Advertisement