Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuakeLive PRO

Options
  • 28-12-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

What are the advantages of this? What do you get? Worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

taken from some random website, so prolly not up to date nor accurate:

Premium Subscription is $1.99 per month gets you:

•Access to 20 Quake Live Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous Quake games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats
    •An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode
    •Exclusive premium level awards
    •Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans
    •Custom Quake Live profile wallpaper
    •Match statistics stored for six months

Pro Subscription is $3.99 and includes everything from the Premium subscription plus the following:

•The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you
    •With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map
    •Exclusive pro awards
    •Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans
    •Match statistics stored for 12 months

I got this thingy, what it gives me, personally, is:
    - the ability to create a clan and to join more than one clan ...
    - the ability to spawn/create server
    - the ability to 'invite' my non-premium friends to premium servers

If you are not poor like me it is worth it.
    If you tend to play with your friends and one of 'em has a pro already its not... and so on ... :D
    Depends on the type of player you are tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Ah I see what happened. I paid for the Premium version and when I log-in it asks me if I want to upgrade to the Pro version..

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't even notice that there is 2 paid versions.

Advertisement