Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play San Andreas on 360

• 28-12-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ive just downloaded san andreas of xbox live and because its an original xbox game it is saying I cant play it without a hard drive. Ive got the 4gb 360 and was just wondering what size of hard drive would I need to get to be able to play this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

you might be able to use a usb pen drive with at least 6gb on it. Use one that you have nothing else on though as I think the xbox wipes it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's all well and good but being honest the original poster would be better off getting something like this.

hard drive

tbh i don't see the point in these 4gb xbox consoles, like 4gb is nothing considering most media is now in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that's all well and good but being honest the original poster would be better off getting something like this.

hard drive

tbh i don't see the point in these 4gb xbox consoles, like 4gb is nothing considering most media is now in HD.

Better off spending 60 quid on that in order to play one game rather than using a USB stick that they might already have lying about?
    4GB suggests that they have a slim 360, so that drive wouldn't work anyway..
    I'd say try a 4+GB USB stick if you have one lying around first of all (it might work on a smaller one too, but I wouldn't count on it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

backwards compatibility wont work on a usb as far as i know.
    just bite the bullet and get this hdd your only going to find you will need it later on http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46748

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Whatever you do, do not buy a chinese HDD if you want to play old xbox games, official Microsoft HDDs have some kind of partion that's required to run old xbox games.

I had a 20GB chinese HDD worked great except for the backwards compatibility issue, just got a new official 250GB and finally got to play GTA SA today after buying it last summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

This is a common problem with games since the 4GB launched. It's a flash drive, and the console doesn't recognize it as a hard-drive. It's nothing to do with space; if you've downloaded it, it fits. A bigger USB memory stick won't help, you'll need a proper hard-drive to play it. It's fine when newer games like Halo Reach had this problem, because it'll be patched and fixed. In this case, you're not playing it without a hard-drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I have a chinese hdd works perfect with old xbox games straight out of the packaging
    and anyway if you do get caught for that that partition is very easy to put in had to do it for a few friends a while ago

Advertisement