Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still no mains water

• 28-12-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

We (our house in glanmire) have had no water since 22nd from the mains.

Thaw started on christmas day night, and the ground around the house is now soft. Not everybody on our road lost their water, the ones that we know of have had it back for over a day now.

To further confuse things the public supply from the glashaboy has been turned off since last night (midnight) to allow time to fix issues. And is back on for an hour right now.

BUT we still havent even seen a single drop come out of the kitchen tap.

Anybody any ideas. I am beginning to think
    1. Airlock ?
    2. Valve on the kitchen sink is locked shut (I have moved the lever from open to closed several times)
    3. Burst pipe (no sign of water anywhere though, and I guess we might still see a dribble from the taps).
    4. Any other ideas ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The pipe coming into the house could still be frozen somewhere. Try putting some hot water over the stopcock on the road and see if that does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I have friends and after last Jan's frost it took two weeks for the water to thaw and come back on... Ground temps will hold the frost much longer than you expect particularly in any sheltered spots....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Was in the same situation myself, water frozen since the 21st. Poured a kettle of boiling water on the stopcock today, not sure if it helped but water finally came back this evening at 7pm .... happy days. Water pressure is low but thats down to the council.

Advertisement