Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham vs. Manchester United (KO 20.00, SS1)

• 28-12-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

With City having beaten Villa they've taken top spot (albeit with 3 games more played). United need to preserve their unbeaten record to return to the top - on goal difference in the case of a draw, while a win would see them two points clear going into 2011.

Team news (Brum): Midfielder Alexander Hleb, on loan from Barcelona, could feature on the bench for Birmingham after recovering from a hamstring injury.

The playmaker picked up the knock in last month's clash against Fulham and has recently resumed training with the squad.

He is short of match practice, and McLeish will make a late decision over whether to include him.

Blues have no other new fitness worries, while James McFadden is a long-term absentee with a knee problem.

Team news (United): Ferguson expects to have Nani available for United after the Portugal winger missed Sunday's win over Sunderland with a hip injury.

Park Ji-sung has now left for his Asian Cup commitments with South Korea, while Paul Scholes is out with a groin problem.

There are doubts over John O'Shea (calf) and Darren Fletcher, who was sent home from training on Christmas Day with a heavy cold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i hope fergie will not go crazy and make 5-6 7 changes from the last game.
    2 or 3 chages at most i hope.
    going to be a tough game for Utd but if we keep playing the way we have last few weeks i reckon we can win this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Is this on a Irish radio station by any chance ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mon the Brums'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Does anyone else think that Foster is going to have one of those games where nothing will go past him?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i was sorry to see Foster go but he was not good enough to replace VDS at the time plus VDS didnt do anything wrong to loose his place.
    imo foster is/was better than pig and i dont know is the new keeper better than foster.

now back on topic of match im going on 2-0 to UTD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

mars bar wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Foster is going to have one of those games where nothing will go past him?!

No.

When did Rooney last score from open play, for United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

March iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Bodhisopha wrote: »

April :eek:

No.

Great. I hope you're feeling is justified...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

how long into the broadcast are we going to hear that? About 10 seconds I bet.

mars bar wrote: »
    Great. I hope you're feeling is justified...

I hope yours is!

I hope yours is!

BOOO!!!

Liam O wrote: »
    how long into the broadcast are we going to hear that? About 10 seconds I bet.

No chance, the match is on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I hope yours is!
    Do you support Utd Bodhisopha? I thought you were a Barca fan but someone posted some old quotes in the Utd superthread and it seemed as if you were a Utd supporter too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

rooney anytime goalscorer is basically free money tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if this game is called off, i will go daft. fog desending on st andrews at a very alarming rate.......

fingers crossed it stays off (the fog that is).

#15 wrote: »
    Do you support Utd Bodhisopha? I thought you were a Barca fan but someone posted some old quotes in the Utd superthread and it seemed as if you were a Utd supporter too?

That was some wally messing around on my account. I don't support United, i don't support Barca either but they are my favourite team so i tend to post mostly on La Liga threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This was posted in the last 10 minutes

http://twitter.com/stewartgardner

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ffs, j'demand the match go ahead.

• Advertisement

berba and rooney are starting which is good..no other team news yet only scholes, nani, brown, o shea and smalling are all out injured and didnt travel.

as do (start) gibson, giggs, carrick and anderson.

all i need now is neville to be in and im not far off in predicing. i hope i am wrong..

so looks like

gibson carrick ando giggs
    berba rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Please go ahead, dying for this match :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Front six are Giggs, Anderson, Gibson, Carrick, Rooney and Berba according to Henry Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Park has gone for the Asia Cup, Valencia is obviously still out, who will start on the wings?? Giggs and Obertan??

I see now its giggs and gibson on the wings. Gonna have to rely on the wing backs to get up and down to supply crosses. Especially on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

VDS

Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Gibson
    Carrick
    Anderson
    Giggs

Rooney
    Berbatov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I hope anderson isn't pushed to the wing. We need him in the middle and he doesn't seem as good out wide.

Obertan said he was sick recently so that's probably why he hasn't been featuring but I'm guessing we'll be seeing him some time in this match.

thank fuc& for that that Rio is playing and Neville/Evans aint...both of them are on the bench.

G Nev Evans Fletcher Obertan Macheda Kuszczak hernandez.

fog still not great at the ground....but should not affect the game...i hope. would be a disaster to have another cancellation.

big groans from the united end just now when the team was announced with gibson in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

How is Nani still injured? ffs :(

8 euro on Rooney to score first. I can just feel it.

I'd say Fergie gone with Gibson to give United a bit more legs and bite in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

TheTownie wrote: »
    I'd say Fergie gone with Gibson to give United a bit more legs and bite in midfield.

I presume Gibson is playing on the right though? And I would probably have started with Obertan, but maybe he thought Gibson would give more protection defensively for Raf to go bombing forward.

I presume Gibson is playing on the right though? And I would probably have started with Obertan, but maybe he thought Gibson would give more protection defensively for Raf to go bombing forward.

I think Gibson will be on the right too but he can also tuck in when needed and track down the right. Overall that gives you more legs in midfield and its also fair to say he is a better tackler than Obertan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Link please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Brum team announced?

Birmingham Starting Line Up:
    B. Foster

S. Carr
    R. Johnson
    S. Dann
    L. Ridgewell

B. Ferguson
    L. Bowyer
    S. Larsson
    C. Gardner
    J. Beausejour

C. Jerome

Subs:
    K. Phillips
    M. Taylor
    N. Žigic
    M. Derbyshire
    M. Jiránek
    K. Fahey
    A. Hleb

BOHtox wrote: »
    Link please

Link here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Link here.

Cheers townie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

What happened to dwight yorkes head it looks like an upsidedown pear !!!!

• Advertisement

Jamie Redknapp just said we have only won 1 away game so far this season! :eek: amazing considering we are top of the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Jamie Redknapp just said we have only won 1 away game so far this season! :eek: amazing considering we are top of the league...

We haven't lost any either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That couldn't possibly be right can it? :confused:

Yeah, hard to believe.

He also just said SAF would love to buy back Foster now with VDS retiring. Yes, Jamie, I am sure SAF hadn't considered that at all before selling Foster...

Think this could be a cagey 1-niller. I think we'll miss Nani's creativity a bit, and Brum are very hard to break down at home. I fear I may not have any nails left at the end of 90 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

scarily enough it is

The Muppet wrote: »
    We haven't lost any either.

Birmingham have never beaten us in the Premier League too so the unbeaten run will hopefully continue.

It is! 6 draws, 1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yea it is, just checked this site there now http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/away.html

6 draws is pretty incredible considering where we are now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Birmingham can make it hard for any team if they perform - especially when they are at home. Should be a good competitive game - and a draw would not be out of the question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't know this was on Sky. Nice one. United's midfield looks quite weak so I wouldn't be surprised to see Birmingham get something from this. Hope not. Hopefully Rooney will get a goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement