Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find the IP address of my Huawei E5830?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Not sure if this is the right forum but I was wondering how I find the IP address of my Huawei E5830?
    Selig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum but I was wondering how I find the IP address of my Huawei E5830?

Assuming that you're connected to it and have obtained your IP address using DHCP, then the Huawei E5830 IP address is most likely the same as your computer's Default Gateway IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

bhickey wrote: »
    Assuming that you're connected to it and have obtained your IP address using DHCP, then the Huawei E5830 IP address is most likely the same as your computer's Default Gateway IP address.

Thanks a lot,that's what I thought.It's the IP address of the Linksys router 192.168.1.1.It is identifiable on the DHCP settings for my 3 broadband dashboard,ditto when I clicked start,typed cmd,pressed ok,typed ipconfig.However this dude from DC-Locker Client(Digiteka Manager) who I am trying to get an unlock code for the E5830 says this IP address is'nt correct.He told me to go to the following link http://www.ip-adress.com.I am trying to unlock my E5830 but it is not been detected even though I've been given an unlocking code.Any ideas??I have downloaded a few unlocking programs but my diagnostic port is'nt recognised/modem is'nt detected.
    Selig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thanks a lot,that's what I thought.It's the IP address of the Linksys router 192.168.1.1.It is identifiable on the DHCP settings for my 3 broadband dashboard,ditto when I clicked start,typed cmd,pressed ok,typed ipconfig.However this dude from DC-Locker Client(Digiteka Manager) who I am trying to get an unlock code for the E5830 says this IP address is'nt correct.He told me to go to the following link http://www.ip-adress.com.I am trying to unlock my E5830 but it is not been detected even though I've been given an unlocking code.Any ideas??I have downloaded a few unlocking programs but my diagnostic port is'nt recognised/modem is'nt detected.
    Selig

You should leave the Linksys router out of it for now as you need to connect to the Huawei E5830 in order to be able to do anything with it. Disconnect from the Linksys altogether or just turn it off for now as it will only confuse things.

http://www.ip-adress.com will tell your external Internet IP address when you have a working Internet connection.

Advertisement