Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mountains and the sea

• 28-12-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi there:

Not sure this is the right place, but I m looking for some advice on routes.
    I have good access to Stepaside(dublin) and was wondering if anyone can recommend some routes, preferably in the mountains with some sea views would be even more awesome . I know Kilmashogue is really nice but to get there I would have to drive which I would rather avoid. i can do about 8km~10km in one go atm (tho I hope to improve this)

the intention of this log is : attempt to run 3 short runs a week on a threadmill (..not the best but better than nothing I guess) and then a long one over the weekend. but only this log will tell I guess :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭SomeUnusedName

1st run of the year,
    It was painful, but the sun was shining (tho pretty cold)
    Bull island
    4.30 Km
    24.35 Min

felt great afterwards

small run during the week, 30 min on threadmill,
    then today I ran for an hour and 5 min, in the mountains, no idea of distance, felt awesome
    this is what I m missing
    (I try to check in a map what distance I covered, I was using map my run, but its so add heavy at the moment that it kinda puts me off)
    Actually just found this site: http://www.walkjogrun.net/
    I did 5 miles in 1.05 hours, gorgeous day

From tuesday until pretty much friday woke up with sore throat, so didnt run :(
    However today I was feeling good, so I went for the 8miles aprox, I did it in less than an hour, but I wasn't really checking, It was easier than the last time

went to a spin class, wow, using some muscles I havent used in a while, seems like a good complement to running, right?

Monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday i took half hour gym classes
    And today I did 5.22 miles in 55 min, it felt easier and faster than the other times

• Advertisement
Advertisement