Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Region problem using Sky box for FTA

• 28-12-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

I bought a Walker TV from Power City today with the full Saorview for the back room. I connected a new wire onto the LNB on the dish outside and fed it into an old Sky box so as to get the UK channels too.

The only weird thing is that the channel list on the Sky box without the card is giving me the Lincolnshire region and both ITV1 Yorks E and Five are saying they require a sky card. The regional BBCs and ITV2 and 3 etc... are all fine.

Is there any way of changing the region of the Sky box so the FTA channel list allows at least a FTA version of ITV1 on the listing.

I know I can have everything that's FTA in the other channels section but it's strange that ITV especially is encoded on the main channel list.

Any help or inspiration appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

nicelives wrote: »
    I bought a Walker TV from Power City today with the full Saorview for the back room. I connected a new wire onto the LNB on the dish outside and fed it into an old Sky box so as to get the UK channels too.

The only weird thing is that the channel list on the Sky box without the card is giving me the Lincolnshire region and both ITV1 Yorks E and Five are saying they require a sky card. The regional BBCs and ITV2 and 3 etc... are all fine.

Is there any way of changing the region of the Sky box so the FTA channel list allows at least a FTA version of ITV1 on the listing.

I know I can have everything that's FTA in the other channels section but it's strange that ITV especially is encoded on the main channel list.

Any help or inspiration appreciated.

Is ITV1 London not available on all Sky boxes FTA due to its audio description? I know on my Sky box (NI subscription) it is Channel 993. Should be somewhere similar on your box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Thanks for that, if even just to look at it again, only the BBC variations in the high 900s but in the meantime of 5 hours connected to a lnb for the first time in months, it seems to have updated itself and is now showing ITV Central W in the clear on Channel 103.

Strange how there'd be updates without even a card inserted, but hey, now looks liked I originally hoped for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

did you get the box off ebay? Its possibly that the box had a sky card married to it from that region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

That must have been it as it had been used in the UK, they're divorced now so it's all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

The default Sky regions are London for the BBC and West Midlands for ITV. Set up the channels you want as favourites and use the favourites EPG to cut the pay crap out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement