Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Askeaton town

• 28-12-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi just wondering what are peoples views on askeaton town to live and work in? I hear the gym there is quite good, anyone able to let me know what it's like thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

dont live or work there but do business there daily, gym is very good although to be honest i wouldnt live there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I passed through Askeaton looking for a few groceries not too long ago 2.5 minutes up a few streets and 5 mins in and out of the Shop - was relieved to get the fcuk out ASAP.

- Have never seen so many scowling, bitter faced tracksuit Folk with Chinese Dragon etc neck tattoos in my life and I live in Limerick :eek:

Whats the Pool like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The place is dead. Foynes or Newcastle would be a better option in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 slcb

I'm shocked to read whats been written about Askeaton, I moved to approx two miles out of the village almost three years ago and have yet to see anyone walking around with a dragon tattoo etc. The supermarket has been extended and renovated, the secondary school has a good record for result, sports etc. The people are friendly but do pretty much keep to themselves. The gym and pool are fine, the pool was originally an outdoor pool which has been completely done up - there is a very stong and active swimming club, scouts and an arts group. I think its a fine village for anyone to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

From Askeaton but live in the Limerick now, I wouldn't live in the town (not a village) as it is pretty dead and from my experience the the undesirable numbers keep increasing, probably a problem in most places though.

It does have a good school, supermarket, pool/gym, easy commute to Limerick etc. I would live near it for these reasons but wouldn't live in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 white fox

Hi.Reference to Askeaton Pool.Can be very crowded etc.Dunraven Arms Adare would be my preference .Cheaper too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Hi,
    I'm starting a job there fairly soon I was just wondering does anyone know if there are any transport services out there besides Bus Eireann? I would be travelling in from Limerick City and don't have a car at the moment.

Advertisement