Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock 18 selector problem

Options
  • 28-12-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, i did search for it but couldnt find any answers!

I have a glock 18 metal slide, green gas pistol (ASG afaik) and the problem i'm having is the selector seems quite loose. This means that when i shoot it on single shot, the selector falls down onto 'safe', and when i try full auto it jolts up onto safe! Has this happened anybody before, and is it a difficult fix?

Thanks in advance,
    Derek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

As far as I'm aware all KWA/KSC full-auto Glocks have an issue where the bearing on the selector gets loose. Try sliding the rear sight over & you will see a small hex bolt on the bearing, use the hex key that came with the pistol to tighten this bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭TorqueIrl

As far as I'm aware all KWA/KSC full-auto Glocks have an issue where the bearing on the selector gets loose. Try sliding the rear sight over & you will see a small hex bolt on the bearing, use the hex key that came with the pistol to tighten this bolt.

I did note that that screw had come loose, as did the pin that goes in the back of the slide and i tightened it up. could it possibly be that something (a small ball bearing perhaps) might have come out? Im not familiar with the internals but i would imagine a spring and ball bearing would be used to give the selector the 'click' that it now seems to be missing?

Advertisement