Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer and Scanner

Options
  • 28-12-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Apologies for yet another thread on printers and scanners, I am looking at picking up a multifunction printer in the sales and have narrowed it down to the following. I don't have a great lot to spend (~€80ish) but don't want to buy a piece of crap either (possibly slight contradiction but that's the hope anyway).
    Here are some of the basic info to assist in giving advice as to which is best:
    - Maximum size I will want to print is A4 and it will be used for basic infrequent photo printing (on photo paper) and some basic office type printing.
    - I am not concerned by machine noise or print time.
    - I have a number of family pictures ( 50+) that I want to scan from childhood and would like to get a decent scan quality.

I have been having a look around and narrowed it down to the following in my price range:
    Canon Pixma MP272
    HP Deskjet 3050
    HP Deskjet 2050
    HP Photosmart eAllinOne
    Epson Stylus SX125

Regards and thanks in advance for the help.
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

My issue would be that none of the printers in that list uses archival inks.. so the prints may look great when they come out.. but in 5 years you'll need to print new copies of anything you print with it because they will have faded so badly.
    I've never seen a multifunction yet that uses good inks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Thanks heebie for the response, I actually decided in the end to go with an epson sx515w as I got a really good deal at curry's on it.

It may not be the best photo printer but as you said but it is quiet a good all-rounder from the reviews that I have read.

regards
    Tommy

Advertisement