Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM or FM

Options
  • 28-12-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

I have not played CM in years, 2001 season is last one I had. I want to buy this seasons one for my laptop and get back into it.

An observation from scanning this forum is that FM seems to be more popular.

So, any advice on which to buy? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ft9 wrote: »
    I have not played CM in years, 2001 season is last one I had. I want to buy this seasons one for my laptop and get back into it.

If you were a fan of CM01/02 this forum might be worth a look http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/forum.php

You can download the game legally for free and install the updated databases to bring the game up to date, all up to date players, leagues and you can make the start year of the game this year too. I have played the last few CM's and FM's and have found them overly complicated, i find CM01/02 still to be my favorite.

If you are looking for one of the new games FM seems to be the choice of most, i've played it for a while but haven't fallen in love with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

CM doesn't look like it will be made for PC's anymore (no wonder!)

Fm11 is definately worth a go. I really enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

I found CM to be riddled with bugs, FM runs like a charm definitely the better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ft9 wrote: »

If the last version of Championship manager you played was in 2001, then the current format of the game you knew is known as Football manager now.

A split occurred between the developers (SI Games) and the publishers (Eidos) in or around 2004/05, the last Championship Manager as original fans know it was Championship Manager 03/04.

When the split happened SI Games kept everything bar the name and continued with Sega becoming the new publishers - the new name of the game became Football Manager.

Eidos had to start from scratch really because all they were left with was Championship Manager name.

Since all of this has happened, for me and many others the competition has been totally one sided, with Football Manager consistently being better. Championship Manager do not release on the PC anymore so that tells it's own story.

I'm not saying Football Manager is the same as the last version you played, because a lot has changed, but it is the game you are looking for!

Advertisement