Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress making in Colaiste Stiofain Naofe

Options
  • 28-12-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the evening courses in dress making in CSN, if so is it any good? Or does anyone know of any other more centrally located evening course that would be good? I got a sewing machine for Christmas and want to start lessons asap. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the evening courses in dress making in CSN, if so is it any good? Or does anyone know of any other more centrally located evening course that would be good? I got a sewing machine for Christmas and want to start lessons asap. Thanks in advance :)

I havent done the course you mentioned but I did a diploma by day and just to let you know, The college is great, the tutors are by in large very friendly and deal with the students on a more personal level I thought, probably because its a smaller colege than the IT's etc.
    Theres a great atmosphere around the place too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Miss_Ellie

Hi OP,

I did a 10 week dress-making course in Douglas Community College up until Christmas.
    The tutor was excellent.....very knowledgeable and patient!!! ;)
    I know it's starting again in Jan or early Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I just finished this course and I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it, the tutor was lovely but very disorganised. I have heard good things about the Douglas course as well so might try that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I havent done this course but was looking into either this one or the patchwork and quilting in Douglas or Aston. Glad to hear good feedback about the course in Douglas they seem really nice there.

I know if has nothing to do with your course but i wouldnt be too impressed with the Stofain Noafa courses I went to one a while back for flower arranging Malcom Kitt and he complelty ripped people off with asking them to pay extra and it went up every week.

• Advertisement

Thanks again. I just checked out the Douglas one and unfortunately I can't do Wednesdays :( Turns out a friend of mine did the one in CSN and she said it was really nice.

Sure it might be differant for everyone. they are doing it in Aston too but not sure what day i can check tonight if you like, but again i dont know anyone who has done the course so not too sure if tis any good or not..

But anywho wish you the best of luck with the new sewing machine they are great once you get the knack of them..So much fun making things

Milly33 wrote: »
    S i can check tonight if you like

That would be great, thanks a mil! :)

Back to you before I forget. Aston are running the dressmaking course on Monday nights from 7.30 - 9.30 the tutor is Deirdre Hannafin. enrolement is from Monday onwards at the school or wens the 19th from 7 - 8 at the school

Advertisement