Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Mods

• 28-12-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Obviously this thread/idea could be rubbished but I have an idea.

So many people get offered a position then fail to turn up for training once they hear the truth and reality of what the job entails.

Would it be possible to maybe have a thread highlighting realistically what the job entails. The good, the bad and the ugly. Maybe even personal experiences. That way some people can read it and if they decide the job is not for them they can go on about their business and leave the position available for those that do.

It would also maybe give a very good insight into the job?

Also I am sure if this idea is rubbished it would be for a fair reason. Just a thought.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Not a bad idea 1986 and you are not the first to suggest this , the main reason previous threads on this point have tended to fizzle out has been that not as many Garnerville graduates post here as one might like.

However , I would like to see posts of the sort you are speaking of subject to normal sensible precautions relating to discussion of internal protocols , procedures , confidential material , etc.

So any GV graduates out there want to scare everyone with tales of 60% of the working day taken up with paperwork ,etc , feel free to tell us how it is - ' warts and all '.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Obviously common sense would prevail and no specifics are mentioned.

One ex PSNI officer of mine actually advised me NOT to apply. I spent a few hours chatting with him about it all. He was involved in a whole big legal battle etc (Which i won't go into) ended up receiving a substantial amount for damages.

Another one of mine currently still in it says it is a fantastic job and great career. He says be under no illusions you leave some days thinking you are useless and it is a wasted effort then other days he says the satisfaction is incredible. It was nice to hear both sides before I made my informed decision.

Advertisement