Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[HELP] how to setup a LAN

Options
  • 28-12-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hi guys i was wondering how to set up a LAN connection for gaming i want to play company of heroes with my brother and it has the LAN option but recognize the 2 computers we are connected through a Ethernet cable and are both using a wireless connection and we both have windows 7 im useing a desktop and my brother is using a laptop . a step by step guide would be appreciated . thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hi guys i was wondering how to set up a LAN connection for gaming i want to play company of heroes with my brother and it has the LAN option but recognize the 2 computers we are connected through a Ethernet cable and are both using a wireless connection and we both have windows 7 im useing a desktop and my brother is using a laptop . a step by step guide would be appreciated . thanks

A little basic info first, are you using a switch or router? What are they wirelessly connected to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If you are both using the same wireless router then you already have a LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

we are both connected to the internet through a wireless router its an eircom netopia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

we are both connected to the internet through a wireless router its an eircom netopia

Then, as stated already, you have a LAN.

Advertisement