Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc installation

• 28-12-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

i've been told recently that upc broadband is now available at my address. i previously had ntl but we switched to sky a while back and they disconnected us. all of the connections are still in the house.

if i signup to upc now for broadband will it simply be a matter of them turning this back on and posting me a cable modem?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Random wrote: »
    i've been told recently that upc broadband is now available at my address. i previously had ntl but we switched to sky a while back and they disconnected us. all of the connections are still in the house.

if i signup to upc now for broadband will it simply be a matter of them turning this back on and posting me a cable modem?

thanks

Possibly. Self-install may be an option, but only UPC can tell you.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/238

Otherwise it'll need an engineer to install it and register the modem to allow it to be provisioned on the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Spear wrote: »
    Possibly. Self-install may be an option, but only UPC can tell you.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/238

Otherwise it'll need an engineer to install it and register the modem to allow it to be provisioned on the network.

Self install isnt an option for this afaik. Order via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and get a €50 voucher, free activation , and free install. Needs to be ordered before end of year to get this deal though.

They will come with the router, install, reconnect outside and then check it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

when i posted last night they were closed which is why i didn't ring them. i spoke to them today (got the boards thing already davy but thanks).

the self install is an option for me but it'll be quicker to have someone "install" it. the couriers are off over xmas but the installers all have equipment already.

cheers

Advertisement