Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for tickets for rescheduled gig?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what you think of this situation.

I bought tickets to a gig scheduled to be held in early November. When i showed up to the gig I learned (much to my disappointment) that it was cancelled and rescheduled to a midweek date in late December.

This really didn't suit at all but I figured what the hell I'll try to make that anyway cause I was keen to see the band. I was all set to go but at the last minute something came up so i couldn't go and I missed it.

Query:
    Am I now entitled to a refund for these tickets since the gig was rescheduled to a date which didn't suit me or is this entirely my own fault for not offloading the tickets once I knew the date had been changed back in November?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When i showed up to the gig I learned (much to my disappointment) that it was cancelled
    Then, yes.
    I was all set to go but at the last minute something came up so i couldn't go and I missed it.
    Now, I doubt it, as it's not a case any longer of you the gig being cancelled, but that you didn't goto the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Query:
    Am I now entitled to a refund for these tickets since the gig was rescheduled to a date which didn't suit me or is this entirely my own fault for not offloading the tickets once I knew the date had been changed back in November?
    No you are no longer entitled to a refund since you should have looked for that after the first gig was canceled. By doing nothing you effectively accepted the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yeah i had a feeling this might be case but I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement