Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pres/Mocks?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Then there was another because I was in TY when one happened...
    Remember following on here

This is the thread I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Could you link to where it was dropped. Our year head told us all about it and she really knew her stuff. I know of another prolific case in Kerry where the girl was not let sit any exams and has since been working for her father, she was in my aunt's class. Regarding charges there I really don't know but she definately didn't get away with anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing will happen you if you cheat in the mocks - they are nothing to do with the government, but if caught cheating in the real exams you can and will be barred from State exams. Every year there are a few cases to be investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

My Mocks start 6 weeks after we come back from the holidays =/

I get shudders whenever I think of the Maths exam considering we won't have the course even nearly finished by the time of the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

My Mocks start 6 weeks after we come back from the holidays =/

I get shudders whenever I think of the Maths exam considering we won't have the course even nearly finished by the time of the mocks.

Higher or Ordinary?

• Advertisement

Higher or Ordinary?
    Higher. I hate the fact that some days the maths "just works" and I can fly through an entire paper in less than an hour thinking to myself "How could I ever think this is difficult" and then on other days I get bogged down on part As. Mind-boggling.

Moved down to pass this year,
    Not only was I struggling at higher level,
    (missing a month or so out with broken ankle didn't help)
    But my other subjects were starting to suffer because of it..
    Was in the very same position,
    What I knew I KNEW and could fly through it,
    Bits I struggled with I jus couldn't get and got frustrated over,
    So instead of risking not passing Maths,
    I moved down,
    And if all comes to all mate,
    Pass Maths is a breeze :D

Moved down to pass this year,
    Not only was I struggling at higher level,
    (missing a month or so out with broken ankle didn't help)
    But my other subjects were starting to suffer because of it..
    Was in the very same position,
    What I knew I KNEW and could fly through it,
    Bits I struggled with I jus couldn't get and got frustrated over,
    So instead of risking not passing Maths,
    I moved down,
    And if all comes to all mate,
    Pass Maths is a breeze :D
    Wish I could drop to pass ;(

I can't though, I need it for points and need to bring myself up to at least a B1 if not higher. Considering I went from a C3 in summer to a B3 in Christmas I amn't doing too bad but I am constantly worrying about it.

Irish on the other hand... I'm totally apathetic to what I get. I got a D then C then a D again and i'm considering going down to pass.

On the up so :D
    And can you not see yourself getting any higher in Irish no?
    Pass Irish is supposed to be a piece of cake too,
    Wouldn't know myelf not doing Irish :P

On the up so :D
    And can you not see yourself getting any higher in Irish no?
    Pass Irish is supposed to be a piece of cake too,
    Wouldn't know myelf not doing Irish :P
    Oh yeah well I could. I often edge near a B3 in my homework pieces but takes far too much effort and truth be told not one sentence of my work is ever original. My Irish essays are all pieced together from the internet, google translate and many revision books.

• Advertisement

Suppose just try to improve which one you think you can do best at,
    And I'd suggest dropping the other then...
    Its one thing to be doing all honors and it sounds good and looks good on Leaving Cert but at end of the day, chances are your points will suffer for it.
    Happened to brother, decided to do all honors, got 485, couldve easily got 500 if he'd dropped down in French..
    Depends what you prefer, if you think getting the points will be no problem, then you may as well do all honors if you're capable of passing them all, otherwise I'd strongly suggest dropping down,
    Escpecially if you're doing 7 subjects because one of them won't be counted anyway...

Suppose just try to improve which one you think you can do best at,
    And I'd suggest dropping the other then...
    Its one thing to be doing all honors and it sounds good and looks good on Leaving Cert but at end of the day, chances are your points will suffer for it.
    Happened to brother, decided to do all honors, got 485, couldve easily got 500 if he'd dropped down in French..
    Depends what you prefer, if you think getting the points will be no problem, then you may as well do all honors if you're capable of passing them all, otherwise I'd strongly suggest dropping down,
    Escpecially if you're doing 7 subjects because one of them won't be counted anyway...
    I'm doing 8 subjects so I may as well drop down in Irish. I wish I could just drop Irish entirely. I've nothing against the language, it's just that I have absolutely no use for it and I'm terrible at it.

From England so exempt from Irish (:
    Hear its a rough subject too though,
    Lucky I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mc gaza

whats the website were they show you the papers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement