Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Networking with Perlico

• 28-12-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting my PS3 to NAT type 1 or 2 with Perlico.

I'm using the Eircom standard Netopia 2247-62 because we were having serious troubles with the Perlico Zyxel one.

I've tried just about everything to get it to NAT type 1 or 2. I gave it a static IP and forwarded all the ports it told me to on portforward.com, that didn't work.

I tried using the Keep It Carlow tutorial with PPPoE, using perlico@perlico.com as the username and broadband as the password. That worked for a while, then just stopped working.

I tried using the IP passthrough settings on the Netopia router but my PS3's static IP (192.168.1.80) doesn't show up on the list of devices, even when it is connected and signed in.

I tried completely disabling the router firewall (All the computers on the network have antivirus and firewalls) but that made no difference.

Enabling UPnP on the router and the PS3 doesn't work, it just shows up as "unavailable". Disabling it makes no difference either.

Here are my current PS3 settings, giving me NAT Type 3: IP Address settings - Custom, IP Address - 192.168.1.80, Default router - 192.168.1.254, Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0, Primary DNS - 208.67.222.222, Secondary DNS - 208.67.220.220, MTU - 1500, Proxy Server - Do not use, UPnP - Disable.

I know there are a lot of threads about network troubles on the PS3 but I thought mine would be different as I am on Perlico using the Netopia router.

Is there anything else I could try to get NAT Type 1 or 2 on it?

Advertisement