Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's my Paul Galvin "Galvinised" thread???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

amdublin wrote: »
    He's seems a bit immature.

Trains as a teacher and then he decides he doesn't like the rules, rigidity, the books...what was he expecting :confused:

id agree with ya 100%

i heard about this show and was wondering what the fuss was all about, but watching this is pretty staggering. The lad has no common sense, fair play to him for putting himself out there with his fancy clothes and all that but this is strange in the extreme.

The funny thing about it all is that he doesnt actually have that good of a dress sense and i dont think he knows much about music, its like he thinks acting this way and saying "he enjoys Jay Z etc......" will land him in a fashion media career, theres a bit more to it than that mate :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Is he gay??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    When your dad starts watching Hannah Montana, tell me it's not weird...

Difference between the city and Hannah Montana..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Jayob10 wrote: »
    oh no doubt about it. this programme is doing him no favours though.

Meh, the only public opinion he'll care about is that of Kerry people. Different world down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

He's on the cusp of something big.

Big nervous breakdown in my opinion.

Is he gay??? :rolleyes:

I'd bet on it.

No mention of girlfriend or anything in the docu.....

Trains as a teacher and then he decides he doesn't like the rules, rigidity, the books...what was he expecting :confused:

God forbid him doing what e likes rather than staying in such an important position hating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ya I was waiting to see if there he would mention anyone but he didn't :rolleyes:

nah hes not gay, I think he is extremely heterosexual in fact. Very very into himself.

I'd say he enjoys the fact that he stands out in kerry in his mish mash of top man gear, and the fact that only himself and the local DJ have bought Jay Z stuff. He is only unique down there. Anywhere else in Ireland and hes just a bit of a flute.

• Advertisement

Ya I was waiting to see if there he would mention anyone but he didn't :rolleyes:

Why do you keep rolling your eyes?

I'd bet on it.

I must be gay so as I'm single :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hmmm, I think it's becoming fairly clear why the OP started this thread.

Resi12 wrote: »
    God forbid him doing what e likes rather than staying in such an important position hating it.

Enlighten us on what is he doing then? playing GAA isn't a full time job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I actually really enjoyed that documentary. He's completely his own man, and doesn't listen to small-minded Ireland and let it dictate his life for him, which I feel a lot of people do. There's definitely something admirable in that. Plus he is a truly great player.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think it's becoming fairly clear why the OP started this thread.

What's becoming clear :confused:

• Advertisement

Who knows, why the fcuk do you even care?

Did you watch the doc at all at all? Or just see "Paul Galvin" on the homepage and decide to come in and air your narrow minded opinion?!

This clear enough for you?
    Mother of god.
    :eek:

Omg I think all this shopping is a sign of a very sad man.
    "terrible picture"

He's so bloody vain. It's very embarrassing.
    He looks like he is wearing his sisters cardigan :(
    Can he breathe in that tshirt buttoned so tight.

Maybe lack of oxygen to the brain is the cause of the looniness??

He's on the cusp of something big.

Big nervous breakdown in my opinion.
    I'd bet on it.

coconut5 wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed that documentary. He's completely his own man, and doesn't listen to small-minded Ireland and let it dictate his life for him, which I feel a lot of people do. There's definitely something admirable in that. Plus he is a truly great player.

Brilliant player no doubt about it.

However, you can be of the disposition not to let small minded ireland dictate your life and still be a twat.

Galvin doesnt have a passion for clothes or alternative or Hip Hop Music. He has a passion for seeing himself in the paper. He adores publicity.

Did you watch the doc at all at all? Or just see "Paul Galvin" on the homepage and decide to come in and air your narrow minded opinion?!

of course I watched it. And you will see that I have praised the guy for being a superb footballer. Huge fan of Galvin the footballer.

But this documentary does go to show that he is a flute of the highest order.

• Advertisement

This clear enough for you?
    Mother of god.

That I started a thread to comment on a tv program :confused:
    And that I posted comments on what i saw on the program :confused:

Why did you originally come on to this thread :confused:

of course I watched it. And you will see that I have praised the guy for being a superb footballer. Huge fan of Galvin the footballer.

But this documentary does go to show that he is a flute of the highest order.

Why exactly?

Ps. You're not being clear at all.

What is your point?

Mother of God.

Edit.
    I don't know how that little green face popped into this post!!!! Is NOT supposed to be there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

INo mention of girlfriend or anything in the docu.....

No mention of a boyfriend either so that throws your theory out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Galvin doesnt have a passion for clothes or alternative or Hip Hop Music. He has a passion for seeing himself in the paper. He adores publicity.

That doesn't make him a twat in my eyes, and the papers will print stuff whether he enjoys the publicity or not.

Why exactly?

Well for me vanity is not exactly a good attribute.

"tell me something good about yourself"
    "let me see, omg I am so vain. I am so good at being vain. I've practised being vain for a while now and eh, yeah I'm vain. Like really vain"

Doesn't really happen does it?!

Edit.
    Just to clarify. He didn't say the above. My example of how being vain is not exactly some thing you use as an example of a good attribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

paul, if you're reading this, how do ya fancy a coffee?? :-P

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    No mention of a boyfriend either so that throws your theory out the window.

True.

Twas just a theory.....as you said yourself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Glad you started the thread. Truly bizarre documentary about a bizarre man.

You can't script something as funny as that was :pac:

Well for me vanity is not exactly a good attribute.

"tell me something good about yourself"
    "let me see, omg I am so vain. I am so good at being vain. I've practised being vain for a while now and eh, yeah I'm vain. Like really vain"

Doesn't really happen does it?!

I missed some of it. That is hardly what he said. You just really have a bone to pick with him and it's quite odd..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

I kinda admire him after this. He doesn't give a ****e, fair play

Still he is a very strange fish and i'm afraid he'll never make it as a DJ going on this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

amdublin clearly has somethin against Galvin...kinda pathetic really. Fair enough the documentary wasnt great but will you relax a bit ffs. He's not doin u any harm is he? Unless ur that fish he hooked

I missed some of it. That is hardly what he said. You just really have a bone to pick with him and it's quite odd..

Sorry!

I'll go back and edit to ensure it does not look like he said this. I meant he came across as vain. And that being vain is not exactly a nice attribute.

Again. I started the thread to discuss the program. Is it my fault that the fella (in my opinion) wore hideous clothes and that I stated that.
    Is it my fault that he squeezed himself into ridiculous skinny jeans?
    Is it my fault that in my opinion he is an immature person with spending problem?

I just commented on what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I think he came across as an all right guy? but I have a flu and a temp of 39.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Sorry!

I'll go back and edit to ensure it does not look like he said this. I meant he came across as vain. And that being vain is not exactly a nice attribute.

Again. I started the thread to discuss the program. Is it my fault that the fella (in my opinion) wore hideous clothes and that I stated that.
    Is it my fault that in my opinion he is an immature person with spending problem?

Don't forget the keyring on his keys which is a photograph of himself. He's a nutjob.

Sorry!

No but you early have some kind of problem and is really childish. I mean why do you care if he wears skinny jeans or spends his own money on stuff he wants. Get a life, jealousy is an awful sin.

amdublin clearly has somethin against Galvin...kinda pathetic really. Fair enough the documentary wasnt great but will you relax a bit ffs. He's not doin u any harm is he? Unless ur that fish he hooked

Omg!!!

AGAIN!
    I started the thread to discuss the program. Is it my fault that the fella (in my opinion) wore hideous clothes and that I stated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Omg!!!

AGAIN!
    I started the thread to discuss the program. Is it my fault that the fella (in my opinion) wore hideous clothes and that I stated that.

Yeah thats all you were trying to do....

No but you early have some kind of problem and is really childish. I mean why do you care if he wears skinny jeans or spends his own money on stuff he wants. Get a life, jealousy is an awful sin.

Are you at all concerned about his behaviours???

What kind of person flys up to Kerry to go shopping in Dublin??

Maybe. And just maybe. And in my opinion only, somebody who is unhappy with their life and trying to fill a big hole with material items.

Ps. Again (re the skinny jeans). I just posted on what I saw ie a fat @rse squeezed into skinny jeans. What's my crime?

• Advertisement

No your being a bloody coward thinking your the tough guy slagging him off using this thread as a cover to do it. Your not even talking about the show but his attire. Get over it man, as others have said it looks pathetic.

Yeah thats all you were trying to do....

Why the obscureness?

What do you think I was "trying" to do :confused:

Are you at all concerned about his behaviours???

Maybe. And just maybe. And in my opinion only, somebody who is unhappy with their life and trying to fill a big hole with material items.

Ps. Again (re the skinny jeans). I just posted on what I saw ie a fat @rse squeezed into skinny jeans. What's my crime?

Na I don't, its his life. If he wants to fly from Shannon to Kerry leave him off. I'm more concerned about your behaviour and why you care..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

No your being a bloody coward thinking your the tough guy slagging him off using this thread as a cover to do it. Your not even talking about the show but his attire. Get over it man, as others have said it looks pathetic.

Paul.....is that you???

I am a girl.

Why are you being so defensive about him?

In my opinion, from what I saw on the program, he wore crazy clothes and is acting very strange.

Why is this offending you so much?

I'm more concerned about your behaviour and why you care..

Ah thanks for your concern.

Why do you care so much about him that you are getting defensive about my opinions of him from what I saw on the program this eve.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

some great Paul Galvin fanboys in here tonight :D

I personally wouldn't judge him on his clothes or anything like that. Hes a terrific footballer but that documentary was very odd.

Anyone who thinks that he came across well needs their head examined in fairness.

Loving the argument that "this guy is great for GAA because he is different". Crap argument really, wearing what he perceives as trendy clothes is all well and good, but he can also be an idiot at the same time.

As one previous poster put it, if that was intentional comedy then it would be genius.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's often the cheapest way to get to Dublin from the southwest for a start.
    Your posts in this thread come across as begrudging, bitter and twisted tbh.
    (not that they are unusual for the kind of posts people generally post here or in AH)

The list of your posts someone posted above made you look like the person with the problems, not Galvin.

offaly1 wrote: »
    Paul.....is that you???

you may be onto something there you know ;) i'd well believe he reads what is being said about him, despite his claims to the contrary :)

copacetic wrote: »
    (not that they are unusual for the kind of posts people generally post here or in AH)

The list of your posts someone posted above made you look like the person with the problems, not Galvin.

Sorry copactic.

Sorry for seeing a man wearing (in my opinion) numerous strange outfits and commenting on them.

copacetic wrote: »

steady on there man, she is allowed critique that documentary in any way she chooses.

She is not the only one to say that was extremely strange viewing. Its not that outlandish of a thing to say so no need for you to be so sensitive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement