Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet X Stealth

• 28-12-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭

How good of a deal is this? I will be in the market for a Tri bike in the next few months. Should I take the plunge now before It goes back up and I end up on a Alu bike for the same money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great price for full carbon and SRAM.
    You'll get better responses on the bike on the cycling forum.
    Remember UK VAT increases by 2.5% in a couple of days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sherdo2010

How good of a deal is this? I will be in the market for a Tri bike in the next few months. Should I take the plunge now before It goes back up and I end up on a Alu bike for the same money?

Fact get this bike! i just got this bike for the missus! €1000 off, you wont get a better deal anywhere and theres a shop in athlone that you can get it from for the price on the website and with a proper fitting!! sound bloke. let me know and i can PM u his number,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Great price for full carbon and SRAM.
    You'll get better responses on the bike on the cycling forum.
    Remember UK VAT increases by 2.5% in a couple of days!

+1 I bought a PX stealth this year and while it may not be as glam as a P2C it is certainly bang for buck and I hold my own with the cervelo boys in my club. And at that price with that spec... go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Thanks lads. VAT rise and discounted price till 31st. I had to. Thats what i,m telling myself. Now I need a place to hide it. Wardrobes are not only for clothes;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

To add another view point.... Its not a SRAM Red build, the only Red on it are the two mechs. The brakes, crank, chain/cassette, and shifters are are low end SRAM stuff.

It annoys me that Planet-X continue to sell these 'RED' and 'Dura Ace' builds.
    Its a decent spec for the money but why lie about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

mloc123 wrote: »
    To add another view point.... Its not a SRAM Red build, the only Red on it are the two mechs. The brakes, crank, chain/cassette, and shifters are are low end SRAM stuff.

It annoys me that Planet-X continue to sell these 'RED' and 'Dura Ace' builds.
    Its a decent spec for the money but why lie about it.
    It is WOW advertising. I did realise this, Upgraded to 500TT shifters/brakes and crank. There are no red tt shifters or brakes levers. All non series stuff.
    I will upgrade some bits. Now all I need is swimming lessons.:pac:

Advertisement