Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study techniques/plans/ANYTHING!

• 28-12-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Half way through the year and I think I've spent more time sharpening pencils than studying... and I dont use pencils...

I'd love to say I've tried everything but I shant lie,
    1. I've tried to learn off but struggle massively,
    2. I feel writing everything out again is too time consuming and don't feel it helps me enough to justify time being spent on it...
    3. Possibly the best I've found so far, doing exam papers, but I'm at risk then of getting a question in something that hasnt come up in a past exam paper or something that rarely comes up and that I discard as not being important...

Now my subjects are all theory essentially,
    English H
    Maths O
    Chemistry H
    French O
    Geography H
    Biology H
    Business H [Extra subject (Study needed)]
    LCVP C (Study not vital)

Now I enjoy English but was wondering has best to study poems and comparitives.

Maths after moving down from Higher this year after missing out on too big a portion last year (due to a broken ankle ><) am finding it fantastic although would like to know if there's any easy ways to memorize formulae involved.

Chemistry, God help me, I am struggling to understand the theory behind it and so find myself taking things for granted and attempting to learn them off (without success) so any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Biology Same as Chemistry taking things for granted, alright in some sections but missed Genetics (with ankle) and am massively struggling understanding Photosynthesis and Respiration. Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

French After moving to pass as of late, not worrying about it as much but any ideas on how to improve listening and orals, please let me know.

Geography Probably a bit too laid back in it, actually have a lot of catching up to do so any study notes or websites that do them would be magic.

Business Taking as an extra subject and although I enjoy it and have a natural ability in understanding it, the wording of certain things and definitions are my downfall and failure to elaborate will hurt deeply in the exam itself. Learning off seems to be essential in this so any other alternative ways of study will be invaluable to me.

LCVP Not concerned about at the moment.

Now despite the fact I am one of the most distracted lads you'd ever meet in your life and would convince myself to do anything bar the task in hand, I will try ANYTHING to try and find something that suits me.
    I can fit in an hour before school and two hours straight after school as part of my schools Study Scheme which I am presently occupying with homework but am willing to replace with study.

I am, modesty aside, I pretty "daycent" student all round and have potential to do well, I have also recently given up Facebook (massive step in the right direction) and nights out involving alcoholic beverages (:'[) which shows how far I am willing to go, but at the moment standards are low and any bit of improvement would mean the world :)

Now being an unemployed 18 year old doing the Leaving Cert,
    I cannot offer money or goods but can offer something priceless;
    The feeling you get when you help another...
    Sounds like the kind of thing you'd see shops giving away free with packets of biscuits because they can't sell them, would really make you look into the definition of priceless...

Back to the point, any bits of information, techniques, plans, websites, people, dreams, notions, ideas, "stabs in the dark" and "guinea pig testing" regimes that may improve my studying capabilities I will latch onto with both hands and will be eternally in your debt...

If you have anything please post it,
    Publically or otherwise,
    So long as it gets to me...
    If not, well.
    At least you got to enjoy a nice piece of writing :-)

By the way,
    This was wrote in time that I could be studying,
    I need help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'd love to say I've tried everything but I shant lie,
    1. I've tried to learn off but struggle massively,
    2. I feel writing everything out again is too time consuming and don't feel it helps me enough to justify time being spent on it...
    3. Possibly the best I've found so far, doing exam papers, but I'm at risk then of getting a question in something that hasnt come up in a past exam paper or something that rarely comes up and that I discard as not being important...

I found the best way to study subjects like Biology and Chemistry where theres both understanding and memorising was to do some combination of the 3. Try taking 1 chapter, making out notes using the book, teachers notes, revision book and maybe the internet, as this way you have to make an effort to find the information and write down the best interpretations of the info for yourself.

Skim through the questions at the end of each chapter, and then go to the exam papers and do every question you can find on that particular topic. I can't remember which exam papers I used but there are some with an index at the front with every topic and what years it came up. You'll see patterns with the questions and look at the marking scheme to see what you're expected to answer. Its not as time consuming as you'd think, as if you do it now, when you go back to do quick revision in April/May you'll have all your notes there with all the answers to the questions :)
    Now I enjoy English but was wondering has best to study poems and comparitives.
    I found the revision book "Key Notes" really good for well-worded phrases about all the texts. Know your comparative texts well, write out all the similarities you can see between the texts as regards characters, storylines, feelings, etc. In English I didn't memorise anything (apart from quotes from poems), it was more a case of knowing the theory of the texts and poems and knowing what you can talk about before you go into the exam.
    Chemistry, God help me, I am struggling to understand the theory behind it and so find myself taking things for granted and attempting to learn them off (without success) so any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't think learning off things for chemistry is much good, apart from maybe some of the chemicals used in the experiments. Youtube can be good for finding videos of experiments and explaining topics.
    Biology Same as Chemistry taking things for granted, alright in some sections but missed Genetics (with ankle) and am massively struggling understanding Photosynthesis and Respiration. Any ideas would be massively appreciated.
    Those chapters are always a pain, but again, youtube might help in explaining it if you struggle to understand it with notes.
    Genetics is ok if you put your mind down to it and I think its ok to learn from the book/revision book. A lot of it is definitions, if you write those out and try and learn them as good as you can they come up a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Cheers mate I'll try anything given,
    Working away at flashcards at the moment,
    Seem to be doing well,
    I'll see when I test myself later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 raz789

Looks for an SRS(Space repition System) program like Anki.
    Flashcards are even more time consuming than this. It should decrease your time reviewing certain cards. I'd wiki it or find more info on it if you're skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

I remember my friends having different ways of learning - mine was 'round the room'

I would try to pre-empt the question that was going to be set and write out the key points that would answer it (ie bullet points). Each bullet point would start with a couple of key words (eg event and date).

I would then sit in a room in which I was very familiar and pick out different things in the room, eg picture on the wall, clock, tv, door hook etc. I would then assign a bullet point to each of the things in the room. The night before the exam I would revise by sitting in the room looking at the various objects and saying out loud the various bullet points connected with them.

In the exam all i had to do was envisage the various thing in the room and the bullet points would come back to me.

This technique wont work for all subjects but I found it useful for subjects which have a lot of literature. I've also used it with my 7 year old son as he has problems remembering his spellings for his test every friday.

good luck

mojopolo wrote: »
    I would try to pre-empt the question that was going to be set and write out the key points that would answer it (ie bullet points). Each bullet point would start with a couple of key words (eg event and date).

I would then sit in a room in which I was very familiar and pick out different things in the room, eg picture on the wall, clock, tv, door hook etc. I would then assign a bullet point to each of the things in the room. The night before the exam I would revise by sitting in the room looking at the various objects and saying out loud the various bullet points connected with them.

If this works I would advise you to go out of your way and sell the idea,
    Nothing I've ever seen/heard of before and sounds brilliant!
    Cannot wait to try it out!

• Advertisement

raz789 wrote: »
    Looks for an SRS(Space repition System) program like Anki.
    Flashcards are even more time consuming than this. It should decrease your time reviewing certain cards. I'd wiki it or find more info on it if you're skeptical.

Actually unsure what it is as a whole,
    Where would I be able to look it up,
    Would I just search "Anki" into Wikipedia?

You should Google "Spaced Repitition System" or Anki. I'd get some info on how it works before trying it. It's pretty much the same idea as flashcards but quicker and more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I downloaded Anki under similar advice. Its basically a programme where you type in all the questions you would otherwise put on flash cards. Then you type in the answers and save them. Then you can go into it as often as you like and get tested on whatever topics you have added questions about. It's simply virtual flashcards. You can also download sets of questions that other people have written out but I looked one day and found nothing really helpful for the leaving cert.

Anki, is a little different than flashcards. It sets an interval for a card depending on how you graded yourself on how you remembered. Thus removing the time wasted on remembering a card that you already know because you have reviewed it yesterday, for example.

I'd recommend creating all the cards yourself. It'll help you remember.
    Find what works for you is probably the best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

raz789 wrote: »
    Anki, is a little different than flashcards. It sets an interval for a card depending on how you graded yourself on how you remembered. Thus removing the time wasted on remembering a card that you already know because you have reviewed it yesterday, for example.

I'd recommend creating all the cards yourself. It'll help you remember.
    Find what works for you is probably the best advice.

Sorry...completely forgot about that! Havn't used it in a while :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

What I learned from doing the Leaving Cert. If you want to learn something, put in the hours. Seriously, it's an easy concept but I never really did it. It was only when I started replacing stuff with seriously focused study work that I started making progress.
    Check every twenty minutes that you're actually learning something and on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

If this works I would advise you to go out of your way and sell the idea,
    Nothing I've ever seen/heard of before and sounds brilliant!
    Cannot wait to try it out!

Let me know how you get on if you use it the technique - it worked for me but it doesnt work for everyone - my friends each found their own learning style. The visual part of this technique suited the way my brain works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

Chemistry: get a book called Exam Edge it will show u how u loose and gain marks.

also Revise Wise makes everything pretty simple but still detailed enough.

Biology: Get the Celtic Press little booklet.Has everything summerized and the exp's,diagrams.

again,Revise Wise helps a lot.

Photosynthesis and Respiration..look online for videos to help explain it!!Diagrams and videos might help u understand.

Maths: arent we given all the formulae?or are u refering to when to use them?then my advice would be practice,practice,practice.Exam Papers and u're book.

I can't really give any advice for the rest. The writing out method works for me. I use a lot of paper. Like a 400 page a4 folscap.Poor trees.

Chemistry: get a book called Exam Edge it will show u how u loose and gain marks.
    Been advised to get that actually,
    Have the little Celtic cross booklet too for that as well as biology,
    Very good but miss out bits and pieces and are very summarised,
    Great for short questions though, just no so much so on experiments.
    Honestly never thought about Youtube as a study aid before but will definately try it now...
    And to be honest Maths isnt a major concern,
    Will be paper II that will catch me,
    Hate Geometry :X
    I use a lot of paper. Like a 400 page a4 foolscap.Poor trees.
    Poor wrist :rolleyes:

Been advised to get that actually,
    Have the little Celtic cross booklet too for that as well as biology,
    Very good but miss out bits and pieces and are very summarised,
    Great for short questions though, just no so much so on experiments.
    Honestly never thought about Youtube as a study aid before but will definately try it now...
    And to be honest Maths isnt a major concern,
    Will be paper II that will catch me,
    Hate Geometry :X

Poor wrist :rolleyes:

It's definitely worth the €12.95 or so.I don't have it for Chemistry,the Celtic Press because I got Exam Edge,but I only use my one for biology when I don't have my other books.It is too sumarized to just learn that off.But it's good for quick ten minute review.Revise Wise is €8.95 and it covers everything pretty well except the Amoeba.It's very nicely laid out too.I'd advise u take a look when ure in a bookshop,see if u think u'll learn from it!:) Same for Chem.Ofcourse I will also use the text book because I want to achieve A1's in Chem and bio so I figured the more books and material,the more covered I am.:D

Does'nt have to be youtube,just type photosynthesis video into google and I'm sure some good ones will come up on some sciencey sites.Ah then u know what to do anyway,practice Geometry :P Till you love it!muahaha.:P

But like u said earlier u want to use ure time to begin with. So make a timetable,say 7-9 is ure study period. But instead of jumping into hours on end study,try build it up. Start with 30 mins a day perhaps,add 5-10 minutes everyday.U will build up u're ability to study to as long as u want.

haha no pain no gain!!:)

Will defo get Exam Edge book now, been advised by a few people now actually, can't hurt =)
    Maths is least of my concerns now though, will never love Geometry, can do bits and pieces in it, probably 70% of it, its just the effort of understanding behind it...
    Think I'll just skip it in the exam, not a fan of Paper 2 at all but there's no harm in me failing :D Teacher hates me because I "act" (I am :]) superior to all others in his class because I came down from higher level this year :P

Well able to stick at study once I get started, its just the starting :rolleyes:
    Done a nice amount today, and hopefully plenty more to follow :)
    Given up Facebook and alcohol til Leaving Cert...
    Now if that doesnt show determination I dont know what does,
    Limiting use of phone is the next step :(

Will defo get Exam Edge book now, been advised by a few people now actually, can't hurt =)
    Maths is least of my concerns now though, will never love Geometry, can do bits and pieces in it, probably 70% of it, its just the effort of understanding behind it...
    Think I'll just skip it in the exam, not a fan of Paper 2 at all but there's no harm in me failing :D Teacher hates me because I "act" (I am :]) superior to all others in his class because I came down from higher level this year :P

Well able to stick at study once I get started, its just the starting :rolleyes:
    Done a nice amount today, and hopefully plenty more to follow :)
    Given up Facebook and alcohol til Leaving Cert...
    Now if that doesnt show determination I dont know what does,
    Limiting use of phone is the next step :(

Do,it'll defenitly boost your grade by learning answers which will get you full marks.Ah sure what ever :) I'm sure you could learn to do it in 30 minutes if you wanted :P haha yeah that seems to happen a lot.Just dont get too confident or cocky!But yes tell me about 40 minutes of boredom of kids asking ''where did the X come from'' when the teacher just explained or spending 30 minutes explaining a new topic wheres u get it in the first 2 mins.Pitty there isnt a middle level between HL and OL.

Yeah,I get you.It's just actually turning off everything and turning on study mood.I found it very weird at first.FB and alcohol.Hmm don't forget to relax and enjoy a night out every now and again.Study Hard,Party harder :D Well plenty of time for that in the summer anyway.Don't get Free texts,easiest way to limit the use I must say.Sucks ass do!!Congrats on ure study today.Was it productive?Happy New Year by the way!!:cool:

Do,it'll defenitly boost your grade by learning answers which will get you full marks.Ah sure what ever :) I'm sure you could learn to do it in 30 minutes if you wanted :P haha yeah that seems to happen a lot.Just dont get too confident or cocky!But yes tell me about 40 minutes of boredom of kids asking ''where did the X come from'' when the teacher just explained or spending 30 minutes explaining a new topic wheres u get it in the first 2 mins.Pitty there isnt a middle level between HL and OL.

Yeah,I get you.It's just actually turning off everything and turning on study mood.I found it very weird at first.FB and alcohol.Hmm don't forget to relax and enjoy a night out every now and again.Study Hard,Party harder :D Well plenty of time for that in the summer anyway.Don't get Free texts,easiest way to limit the use I must say.Sucks ass do!!Congrats on ure study today.Was it productive?Happy New Year by the way!!:cool:

Happy New Year, may it be a memorable one for the right reasons :rolleyes:
    Hard not to get cocky when majority of class are 3 years behind you but I'll try for New Year :rolleyes:
    Need free texts more than FB and Alcohol combined... :(
    Perhaps closer to exams eh ;)
    Took so long to do what looks like so little but loads of info packed into each card so think its worth it, just the groups in organic chemistry, alkanes, alkenes, alkynes etc. Going to do experiments and Bio/Business tomorrow if I get my head in gear, dying sick now, some massive cold/throat/flu concoction, lucky if I make it to the morning I reckon :rolleyes:
    Can send pictures of flashcards actually, see if theyre of any assistance,
    Going to do them on each poem as well and experiment, summarize it into main points and pieces of information necessary...
    Shame putting all the work into it and being the only one benifitting from it...
    Plus it offers a valid reason to not study, shnake that I am :cool:

Happy New Year, may it be a memorable one for the right reasons :rolleyes:
    Hard not to get cocky when majority of class are 3 years behind you but I'll try for New Year :rolleyes:
    Need free texts more than FB and Alcohol combined... :(
    Perhaps closer to exams eh ;)
    Took so long to do what looks like so little but loads of info packed into each card so think its worth it, just the groups in organic chemistry, alkanes, alkenes, alkynes etc. Going to do experiments and Bio/Business tomorrow if I get my head in gear, dying sick now, some massive cold/throat/flu concoction, lucky if I make it to the morning I reckon :rolleyes:
    Can send pictures of flashcards actually, see if theyre of any assistance,
    Going to do them on each poem as well and experiment, summarize it into main points and pieces of information necessary...
    Shame putting all the work into it and being the only one benifitting from it...
    Plus it offers a valid reason to not study, shnake that I am :cool:

Yeah,I get you, Me and my ex HL buddy just take it easy.Yeah having no free texts sucks.I'm not much of a drinker so that doesnt really effect me.FB I would'nt say I'm addicted but I have thoose days when I am glued to it.Moderation is my answer :) yeah haha everyone will be ****ting a brick whilst prepared people will continue their oraginised schedule so far too busy to be texting lol.I love Organic,I think its quite simple once broken down but my gawd,the lenght of that chapter!!We only have like 3 more chapters including the option.Their is 5 in our class.:D

Awh sucks ure sick,just as u're getting going.Hope ya get better so u can tear on!emm sure send on a few, i''l have a look,thanks!:)I have some hl irish notes if u want?I copied them off a person who got an A1 in lc at HL?I dont really make notes,well not flashcardy type just scribbles :p so they wont be much use to u,but the irish ones are all neatly done out!!:D

Yeah,I know what you mean.U hear about u're man who got straight A1's in the leaving and then sold his notes and workbooks etc. on ebay for like €2000!!Might be an idea ;) But they will defitnetly benefit you!U aiming for any paticular points?our just doing ure best??No idea yet what u want to do?!None at all?Not even a mad idea??:)

Yeah,I get you, Me and my ex HL buddy just take it easy.Yeah having no free texts sucks.I'm not much of a drinker so that doesnt really effect me.FB I would'nt say I'm addicted but I have thoose days when I am glued to it.Moderation is my answer :) yeah haha everyone will be ****ting a brick whilst prepared people will continue their oraginised schedule so far too busy to be texting lol.I love Organic,I think its quite simple once broken down but my gawd,the lenght of that chapter!!We only have like 3 more chapters including the option.Their is 5 in our class.:D

Awh sucks ure sick,just as u're getting going.Hope ya get better so u can tear on!emm sure send on a few, i''l have a look,thanks!:)I have some hl irish notes if u want?I copied them off a person who got an A1 in lc at HL?I dont really make notes,well not flashcardy type just scribbles :p so they wont be much use to u,but the irish ones are all neatly done out!!:D

Yeah,I know what you mean.U hear about u're man who got straight A1's in the leaving and then sold his notes and workbooks etc. on ebay for like €2000!!Might be an idea ;) But they will defitnetly benefit you!U aiming for any paticular points?our just doing ure best??No idea yet what u want to do?!None at all?Not even a mad idea??:)

Love it! :D
    Phone the whole time so 4 hours study might be two hours study,
    Am going to turn it off during study in the future though,
    Waste like :X
    One subject I don't do :P
    Exempt cos I'm English :D
    Mine when writing for the sake of writing are scribbles as well, struggle to understand them myself, but trying to do them neat now for flashcards and English, unsure if you get docked marks for bad handwriting in English LC, hope not...
    Can tell you straight I've better things now I could spend 2k on than decent study notes, especially when I can't learn off :P
    Know how many points I could get but without a course in mind, have nothing really to aim for.. :-/
    Was doing Arts up til about a week ago til I looked into course and not interested in it at all. Was going to do English and Geog but English course looked gruesome.
    Now not an iota...
    Looking at 3 courses but theyre all picking the best of a bad bunch like...
    Journalism and New Media - UL
    A business one (forget the name :-/) - UL
    Chem and Bio - UCC

Actually want to pick a course ASAP,
    ****ing CAO deadline soon like!
    Eugh :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Genetics is ok if you put your mind down to it and I think its ok to learn from the book/revision book. A lot of it is definitions, if you write those out and try and learn them as good as you can they come up a lot.

This is great advice, OP my biology teacher gave us maybe, 30 definitions in 5th year that we had to learn off like say allele or homozygous, and he gave us a test on them every day for 3 weeks until everyone in the class got every single one right, it really helps they make a massive difference even just knowing their definitions.

Love it! :D
    Phone the whole time so 4 hours study might be two hours study,
    Am going to turn it off during study in the future though,
    Waste like :X
    One subject I don't do :P
    Exempt cos I'm English :D
    Mine when writing for the sake of writing are scribbles as well, struggle to understand them myself, but trying to do them neat now for flashcards and English, unsure if you get docked marks for bad handwriting in English LC, hope not...
    Can tell you straight I've better things now I could spend 2k on than decent study notes, especially when I can't learn off :P
    Know how many points I could get but without a course in mind, have nothing really to aim for.. :-/
    Was doing Arts up til about a week ago til I looked into course and not interested in it at all. Was going to do English and Geog but English course looked gruesome.
    Now not an iota...
    Looking at 3 courses but theyre all picking the best of a bad bunch like...
    Journalism and New Media - UL
    A business one (forget the name :-/) - UL
    Chem and Bio - UCC

Actually want to pick a course ASAP,
    ****ing CAO deadline soon like!
    Eugh :-/
    Yeah,might aswell get the 4 hours in.Then call the night away!!:)
    Ah,ure a lucky man.Some depressing material on the course!
    I used to know a lad who had terrible hand writing,he got an A1,so I wouldnt worry about it too much!Well they cant expect us to write lovely and neat when ure racing against the clock!!
    haha yeah,it's a hell of a lot of money!!
    Yeah I get you,must be hard to focus when u dont exactly have something to focus on!Well its better knowing what you don't want to do than going into a course in September and you hate it!
    iota?
    Ever considered going back to England to study?
    January 15th is the closing date for enteries.I did'nt apply to any irish college's or universities myself.Only Trinity offered the course I wanted for 550 points.Whereas better facilities and course over in Scotland.
    Yeah,between projects,study,school,social life,picking a course and applying,like we dont have enough to do lol :D

Toyed with the notion for a bit but discarded it as being unrealistic,
    Think it was hard as well, to move to a different country to study you really need something to drive you, people or as you have, your ideal course.
    Pick a course, then I'll pick where to go :)
    Too late to be applying for UCAS I think now though :P
    Looking at Law at the moment but that could all change tomorrow,
    Head-wrecking all in all..
    Anyway, hoping that will sort itself out when I talk to a few teachers back at school..
    Hope.. :rolleyes:
    What is your course btw?

Toyed with the notion for a bit but discarded it as being unrealistic,
    Think it was hard as well, to move to a different country to study you really need something to drive you, people or as you have, your ideal course.
    Pick a course, then I'll pick where to go :)
    Too late to be applying for UCAS I think now though :P
    Looking at Law at the moment but that could all change tomorrow,
    Head-wrecking all in all..
    Anyway, hoping that will sort itself out when I talk to a few teachers back at school..
    Hope.. :rolleyes:
    What is your course btw?

Yeah,it's going to be a transistion alright.Well I only really noticed this year my interest in the Nutrition & Dietetics course. I play a lot of sports so I would know the basics and I like to eat healthy as a personal choice so I said since I find it so interesting why not,looked into the course.Sounds really what I want.I always enjoyed the Nutrition section in Biology.I wanted to be a Pe teacher first or a personal traine or physio,still might do a course in personal trainer and combine that with being a Dietician. :D
    You'll get there!:)
    Yeah,maybe they can open your eyes to a study path u never even dreamth of!
    the course is called Nutrition & Dietetics in rgu hopefully.
    Yeah would be a lil late to apply to UCAS with the personal statement and all.I only sent mine away before Xmas hols..bit later than I hoped but its in!Woo.Now its just a waiting game!!

Yeah,it's going to be a transistion alright.Well I only really noticed this year my interest in the Nutrition & Dietetics course. I play a lot of sports so I would know the basics and I like to eat healthy as a personal choice so I said since I find it so interesting why not,looked into the course.Sounds really what I want.I always enjoyed the Nutrition section in Biology.I wanted to be a Pe teacher first or a personal traine or physio,still might do a course in personal trainer and combine that with being a Dietician. :D
    You'll get there!:)
    Yeah,maybe they can open your eyes to a study path u never even dreamth of!
    the course is called Nutrition & Dietetics in rgu hopefully.
    Yeah would be a lil late to apply to UCAS with the personal statement and all.I only sent mine away before Xmas hols..bit later than I hoped but its in!Woo.Now its just a waiting game!!

Nice course! :)
    Nice to know what to do in so much detail :D
    One can only hope, least something will come of my dreams =)
    Know a few spent ages doing it, never really had a massive interest in it, plus theres costs and stuff on top of that, leave it be, I'd spend too much time on it anyway.. plus too lazy to leave province :)
    Law today, journalism day after, biochemistry day on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

If you're struggling to learn Irish and French orals just record the questions and answers onto your phone or mp3 and listen back to them. It actually helps.

It does look rather intriguing.I know :) I researched it pretty well in September!:) I looked at courses over summer but it was a truely reluctant task for me,browsing hundreds of courses.Atleast I roughly knew the area I wanted to study in.

Spent ages doing UCAS?! 4000 words come quite fluently if you are writing about a course you are interested in plus your selling yourself so :) Not that hard haha.But yeah I've heard of services which assist in Ucas Personal Statements...defeats the purpose of you ask me.£11 to apply to one course :P £22 for up to 5 courses :P haha well then :P

I would love to study in a hotter country then Scotland,but since I would be completly covered financially I am prepared to give up the sun :/ But I'm sure I can get some summer sun :) I'm very used to living in a sun-deprived country anyway :L
    Law today, journalism day after, biochemistry day on smile.gif

Are you researching them yes?Sounds fuuun :D

Will probably try to focus on law yes,
    Sound good like... having an idea and all that :)
    Got a friend aiming to go to a college in Aberdeen,
    He's from there originally too though so its easier for him :P
    Weathers least of my troubles at the moment... :rolleyes:
    What course and then,
    UL or UCC at the moment I think...
    Adds a bit of fun to it too though,
    The thrill of not knowing where you want to go in life :P
    Keeps me on my toes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

For Chemistry, and I can't say this enough, KNOW YOUR EXPERIMENTS! Know them forwards, backwards, inside, outside, all that jazz. Now I can't remember properly so you'll have to ask your teacher about this, but only certain experiments can come under certain questions i.e. organic chemistry can only be under so and so, etc.
    There's no way around it, at the most you could leave out one experiment, but they are the basis for everything else on the syllabus so know them, understand them, then move onto the theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Any good techniques for history?

Advertisement