Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy place to eat in Galway?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi, anyone know of any healthy restaurants in Galway that do a reasonably priced healthy lunch? cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=982 might be more appropriate for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

moved to galway forum

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nimmos spring to mind as somewhat healthy.
    http://ardbia.com/cafe/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Artisan on quay street (that place is still open right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Depends on your def. of healthy ;)

Both suggestions above would definitely have some healthy options. Museum Café 8 down in Spanish Arch uses a lot of organic locally sourced produce, and usually has gluten free, veg and vegan options too. I'd consider that the best at the mo. There's a market for fresh and health for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Subway - freshly made in front of your eyes.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I've never tried them, but their blurb suggests they aim for healthy fare (keep meaning to try them, if you do let us know!)

Delight Gourmet Food Bar
    29 Abbeygate Street Upper, Galway City

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?hl=en&expIds=17259,23756,24878,27400&xhr=t&cp=8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=delight+galway&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=delight&hnear=Galway,+Co.+Galway&cid=16718250251188689692

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Gourmet tart company- top class sandwiches and wraps for under 4 quid

EI111 wrote: »
    Gourmet tart company- top class sandwiches and wraps for under 4 quid

Yeah, there are a lot of good sandwich places (like above) that have fresh food.
    As I said, depends what the OP means by healthy. Could be anything from 'not deep fried and dipped in chocolate', to 'organic and GF options', to 'Low cholesterol and vegan'.

*again mourning the Sunflower on Quay St* - Great salads, organic and hearty stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Food For Thought on Abbeygate St has a lot of vegetarian options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

Cafe Luna on Middle Street are nice. The Wa Cafe between the Docks and the House Hotel serve (what I would presume to be) healthy Japanese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

Healthiest around galway imho is Kappa ya in middle street or Da Tang just next door.

Kappa-Ya have daily lunch specials (Don/rice dishes) at €8.80. Rice re-fill is free. I normally like a heavy lunch and then a light dinner.

Da Tang's noodles are home made.I've been going to them for 8yrs now,and nowhere in Galway has noodles as nice.They are slightly expensive though.

Wa cafe is good,but small menu and boring.Not as good value as Kappa-Ya

Subway not too bad,but I tend to stay away from their ham and turkey(made of reformed meat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Where is Kappa-Ya?

Next door to noodle house on Cross St end of Middle St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

And they're open for lunch? Tomorrow it is so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement