Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funderland - Do or Don't

• 29-12-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ah, Christmas is over one again. Now on my agenda, Funderland. What do you people out there think of it. I can tell you now, i'm not very happy about this year's one!

The wristband is more expensive but there is less rides AND less time! Power Wave, The Magic Carpet & Shockwave (Big orange coaster) will not be attending. :(

I love Funderland but it is starting to get crappy as time goes by... So, what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you wear a cap sitting on top of your head and tuck your tracksuit bottoms into your socks do...if not don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

nelly97 wrote: »

The wristband is more expensive but there is less rides AND less time! Power Wave, The Magic Carpet & Shockwave (Big orange coaster) will not be attending. :(

Tell me..is this the one night they let you out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Do you have a horse outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Haven't been there since I was about 15. After an afternoon of knacker-drinking a night on those rides is not a good idea. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

funderland is just wrong, parents who bring their kids should be charged with child cruelty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mosney was far better than funderland...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

Stay at home and trip on acid.

Infinite amusement especially with old movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Is funderland still going? :o

Haven't been there in years - and it was a shíthole back then.

Has it improved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Let me get this straight.

I have to pay to be shouted at and spun upside down by Germans 'til I've no change left in me pockets?

No chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

KeithM89 wrote: »

Dont worry..they'll turn funderland into an asylum centre too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't do it. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

I am just back from it now , trudged over around sixish with the 3 angels ....6 quid to even park the car , i was pale before we ever got near the door ... was ambling along with the smallest one oohing and aaahing at the big wheel when this girl stops me ... do you want these? she says .... what are they ... i enquire

Turns out she has a couple of DOZEN complimentary ride cards , which her hubbys job supplied ... so it cost me 4 x 2 euro addmission fee to get in and the kids got 44 free rides .... i didnt spend a penny !!!!! GREAT VALUE ...
    Seriously tho , very nice couple with 2 kids , if you are reading this , many many thanks for your kindness, you made 3 kiddies very happy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I have to pay to be shouted at and spun upside down by Germans 'til I've no change left in me pockets?

No chance.

Of course back in '39 it was called Führerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I would not waste my money, like so many "events" here which are nothing more than a complete rip off fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Still is...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

Jay D wrote: »
    I would not waste my money, like so many "events" here which are nothing more than a complete rip off fest.

scabby bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

bonerm wrote: »
    Of course back in '39 it was called Führerland.

That explains where the Ghost Train buggered off to then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

don't

prefer my feet firmly on the ground, don't have the stomach for anything like funderland, being pregnant with all day morning sickness was enough for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If you wear a cap sitting on top of your head and tuck your tracksuit bottoms into your socks do...if not don't.

+1, Funderland would have to be the biggest yearly congregation of the scum of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

nelly97 wrote: »
    The Magic Carpet

Don't.. get on that if u don't meet the height restrictions. or you slip out if the seat n its not yet hit full tilt - scariest thing ever :/

edit: no, it was the viking boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Before they turned it into a concentration camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I've never been :( is it that bad?

Whispered wrote: »
    I've never been :( is it that bad?

your one of the lucky ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

+1, Funderland would have to be the biggest yearly congregation of the scum of Dublin.

I'll match your Funderland and raise you the Fianna Fail ard fheis.

/obligatory FF bashing.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'll match your Funderland and raise you the Fianna Fail ard fheis.

/obligatory FF bashing.

ill match your fianna fail ard fheis and raise you a gathering of goths at the central bank on any given afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ill match your fianna fail ard fheis and raise you a gathering of goths at the central bank on any given afternoon

Fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

You lot will complain about snobs and D4s but ye are too high and mighty for good ol' funderland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Hmmm was going to bring the little dude over tomorrow...maybe not judging by the posts. Is the ice skating still on does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

If you drive a subaru, wanna feek a 14 year old knacker and drink tinnies of Dutch Gold then Funderland is da place 4 U!

It really is a magnet for scum. I think it's the flashy lights, rave music, abundance of chips and the satisfying of their need for speed that draws them in.

• Advertisement

If you drive a subaru, wanna feek a 14 year old knacker and drink tinnies of Dutch Gold then Funderland is da place 4 U!

lol wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

lol wut?

Arklow. Pfff...

lol wut?
    Arklow. Pfff...

as above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

never been but going by whats written here i assume its like oktoberfest without the huge beer halls, they have hundreds of rides there, flashing lights, loud music, chips stalls everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

scum?

of all the times Ive been there as a kid and then later as an adult I have never seen any trouble there, just alot of people having fun

i went for a couple of years til i was around 17 and all i did was gamble

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont worry..they'll turn funderland into an asylum centre too.

DEY TUK ER MOSNEY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

dont go... its ****e when you think about it or compare it to anywhere else....

save your band money and buy a cheap flight on ryanair to a random city in europe for a weekend, even somwhere with a proper amusment park, or even a good carnival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nelly97

Hmm...
    Not really.
    Well, I guess if you are into that sort of thing then it never was a ****hole.
    For me though, kids are dragging me along to it. Not looking foward to it at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Funderland? What do I think of it?
    Not a lot to be honest. Expensive, a very, very poor version of what is called "Amusements" and a lowering blight on what the public that attend, have accepted as so called entertainment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

never been to it, never saw the point in it at all to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Went yesterday with the kids (ages 3 and 5). We had fun. It was about the same price as those travelling funfairs, but with less mud and more choice of rides for the small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭GusherING

I was in Hyde Park in London recently and they had a really good funfair that was largely imported from Germany. I thought Funderland could learn a few things from it, like:

stop the techno music and play Christmas music instead
    offer more than just burger and chips as food. Hyde Park had bratwursts, mulled wine etc.
    Charge free entry
    Make it small child friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

No chance.

I'm confused, are you talking about funderland or the economic situation we find ourselves in?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I haven't been to Funderland in years, used to love it. I think I would faint at the prices of the rides if I went :eek:

Great memories though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Keep your head inside the car or you may die. SHABBA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Don't. Unless you want your head kicked in for merely being alive.:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

scum?

of all the times Ive been there as a kid and then later as an adult I have never seen any trouble there, just alot of people having fun
    Pull those trakkies out of your socks there bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

What exactly is wrong with Funderland?

Its a travelling amusment park, what exactly do people expect. Mid afternoon tea and some crumpets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What exactly is wrong with Funderland?

Its a travelling amusment park, what exactly do people expect. Mid afternoon tea and some crumpets?

Well that would be a start and don't hold back on the Strawberry Jam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Well that would be a start and don't hold back on the Strawberry Jam.

Sadly they wont be doing any crumpets, but they may perhaps have a lovely selection of sandwiches followed by the main event which is a wine tasting.

NO wait thast a wine tasting event im thinking of not an a amusment park.

Wait what exactly do amusement parks do and who might might be their target audience. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement