Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash on Patrick St.

Options
  • 29-12-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

There was a pretty big scene on pana tonight about 10.30, does anyone know what happened? About 3 of each emergency service outside the oasis area. 2 cars seriously damaged, another car undamaged but parked askew with guards in and out of it. Big screen up to cover something. Hope noone was seriously hurt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Saw that alright... Everyone was taken away in ambulance but all were conscious.. 4 Cars involved, 3 with people in them.. Can't make sense of how it actually came about though from looking at the position of the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Nothing in the echo, does anyone else know anything more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

From the front of the Echo (shoddy editing left intact)
    FOUR cars were involved in a crash in Cork city last night, after was driven the wrong direction on South Main Street.
    Gardaí were alerted that a car was seen travelling the wrong way on the street.
    The car then travelled on to Patrick Street where it was in collision with another vehicle. The driver of the first car was taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was later arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and taken to the Bridewell Garda Station.He was released without charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Lemag wrote: »
    From the front of the Echo (shoddy editing left intact)

I do wonder who proof reads these stories....

Wow. Cheers for the link there lemag. I tried finding info on it on the website but clearly to no avail :o

Thank god no one was seriously injured!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good to hear no one was seriously injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

my friend got a picture.
    Not sure how to embed

NoDice wrote: »
    Wow. Cheers for the link there lemag. I tried finding info on it on the website but clearly to no avail :o
    I actually typed it out copying it from the front page of today's Echo. I missed a chunk so there's a fair bit of egg goo due for my face after my highlighting of the Echo's shortcomings with their editing [/fail]
    NoDice wrote: »
    Thank god no one was seriously injured!
    Yep! Although if it served to take a few scobemobiles off the road then that wouldn't have been such a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lordhaha

My brother was one of the people taken by ambulance.

He was paying a taxi driver through the passenger door having just returned from the Irish permanent ATM. A red car (not sure make) crashed into the taxi, drivers side sending my brother flying back on to the pavement. all were taken to hospital but all have been released since. the driver of the red car was arrested on leaving hospital.

Yep! Although if it served to take a few scobemobiles off the road then that wouldn't have been such a bad thing.

ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lordhaha wrote: »
    My brother was one of the people taken by ambulance.
    Hope he's doing alright.

RoverJames wrote: »
    ffs :rolleyes:
    My wording might have been somewhat clumsy but it wasn't my intention to cause offense to anyone here. I have a thing against those who attempt dangerous ridiculous manoeuvres in their souped up and pimped out cars. I don't care much to be subjected to their music either as they drive down Pana.

I have a thing against those who attempt dangerous ridiculous manoeuvres in their souped up and pimped out cars. I don't care much to be subjected to their music either as they drive down Pana.

Well it has been reported in the media that this incident was more than likely due to a drunk driver, nothing to imply he was driving a souped up or pimped out car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Well it has been reported in the media that this incident was more than likely due to a drunk driver, nothing to imply he was driving a souped up or pimped out car.

exactly, and if its the wine coloured car its anything but..

The content of my post was conditional so I never actually stated that the driver or any of the other cars involved were souped up or pimped out. However, at that time of night a large portion of cars on the Patrick's street do meet this description. Given that good visibility, good road conditions and that the general flow of traffic on Patrick's tends to be slow it would not have been much of a stretch to assume that there was some sort of high jinx involved to cause such an incident.

'Drunk driver' and 'souped up car' are not mutually exclusive so it could have been a possibility the he/she could have been drunk and driving a souped up car. The Echo article also states that they were released without charge. This would suggest that the driver wasn't drunk.

I didn't intend to cause offense to anyone here and I can see how my post could have caused confusion. However, whilst maybe the relevance of my post could be questioned, I haven't seen any inaccuracies in what I've said.

You hit the nail on the head with relevance. Through in narrow minded and you're on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I passed it earlier, didnt take any notice of what was happening, only found out here what happened...

Through in narrow minded and you're on the ball.
    :rolleyes:

Come on now boys; stop the fighting. Kiss and make up immediately. *stands watch over lemag and RJames with scowl on face and hands on hip* :mad:

Lordhaha (love the username btw), I'm glad your brother was ok. Poor guy must be in an awful state. It'll sure make me think twice about standing out on the road to pay a taxi. I always do it and just expect other drivers to go around..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

It was a drunk driver alright. He was coming up the wrong side of the road from south mall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement