Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water - Headford Road

Options
  • 29-12-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I haven't had proper running water in my place since the 23rd of December. The last couple of days the tank has seemed to fill around 2 or 3 in the afternoon but I'd be lucky to get a shower out of it. I haven't seen much about this area specifically. Just about Ballybane, Mervue and Ballybrit.

Does anyone know if the water tank is still in Mervue and if there's water in it now? Could do with topping up my supplies!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is your water back yet? I'm also on Headford rd but have had water since the thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

biko wrote: »
    Is your water back yet? I'm also on Headford rd but have had water since the thaw.

No It's not back yet. The wierd thing though is the fact that over the last few days the water comes on for a few minutes so I have to do a mad dash into the shower but it's all I get. Don't get enough to fill up any bottles or anything like that.

The lack of information is really annoying. I went to my parents X-mas Day and came back St. Stephens morning. When I got back there was water gushing out of where the communal bins are. It lasted for over an hour. I called the management company and Galway City council, they said they would call me back about it but nobody did it just got turned off. There was no water before that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

yes the tank is still in Mervue,

rebecca 30 wrote: »
    yes the tank is still in Mervue,

Thanks Rebecca, I think I'll mosey on up there this evening so. I haven't cooked in well over a week because I don't want to have to clean my plates and cutlery. I'm going to be as big as a house if this keeps up!

biko wrote: »

I called Galway City council for my second time today and it would seem they didn't have people on the Headford Road reporting problems! They did say that the water pressure is poor and may take some time to sort itself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Hi all, i was just wondering if anywhere still has absolutely no water at all in the galway city area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement